Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Romans 2:14

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I don't know what exactly why these scriptures are used so much, that God has written His Word in our hearts, this says specifically that the Law is what God has written on their hearts.

Romans 2:14-16 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

We have so much more than the law written on our hearts. We have the fulfilled Law of God Himself in Spirit and we have the Holy Spirit Himself our Teacher renewing our minds to this truth, the truth of the New commandments Christ has given us and that is the Law of Love, the only way of life that supperceeds the Law in being able to please God. The pleasure of God is Christ Jesus our Lord who is the greatest lover of all that can be claimed or shown in all scripture. Christ in you the Hope of Glory. We have so much more than just the Law written on men's hearts. We have a new heart that is the Heart of Christ Jesus our Lord.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/3/29 1:15Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
We have so much more than the law written on our hearts. We have the fulfilled Law of God Himself in Spirit and we have the Holy Spirit Himself our Teacher

There is a difference between what the apostle here referes to as the law of God written on their hearts and the promise of the New Covenant that "I will write My law in their hearts and in their minds".

Paul here is refering to the inate law of our humanity. That is we are created in the image of God. We have eternity written in our hearts. We have in our very being the innate knowlege of God's rightousness together with His witness of Himself in nature.

Whereas speaking of the New Covenant in Hebrews, the writer is refering to the promise of the Spirit in contrast to to the outward law of God of the Old covenant.

Graftedbranch

2006/3/29 12:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy