SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : New Member

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Greetings everyone. I thank God and all of you here for the opportunity to share SermonIndex with you. My name is Christopher and I am currently living in Philadelphia PA. I have been following Jesus for about 5 years now and my denominational background is Apostolic or Oneness Pentecostal however I am currently not attending any Church and do not consider myself as being tied to any denomination.

I pray that I will be able to be a blessing to you all in some way as God permits. SermonIndex has been a tremendous blessing to me! I have been visiting for several months and what can I say but thanks be to God! What depths of riches in the wisdom of Christ are here. And what inspiriation and encouragement. I have been so encouraged by the testimonies of revival and the keeping power of God. Corrie Ten Boom and Richard Wurmbrand's messages have been such a great encouragement in particular.

I believe my specific calling in ministry is in evangelisim and I labor regularly in my area. I print most of my own tracts and if anyone would like to share/fellowship in regards to this ministry feel free to write.

Again, thankyou for letting me share Life in Christ with you all,

May God shine His face upon us.

2006/2/11 19:46Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: New Member

Welcome Chris!

So glad you have found the site, looking forward to your participation.

2006/2/11 19:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

Great to have you on the website I hope you are blessed by the materials offered. I recommend you listen to some sermons by Leonard Ravenhill, A.W. Tozer and many others. If you have any questions let me know.

2006/2/11 21:45Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: New Member

Hi Christopher...!

Welcome to Sermonindex! This place is such a treasure! It is "water in the wilderness" in an internet that is often filled with poison.

My dad is from Pennsylvania -- not too far from Philadelphia (actually from the village of Andreas, which is close to Tamaqua to be specific). In fact, I have an uncle in Philadelphia, another uncle from Allentown, an aunt in Bethlehem, and another aunt in Lehighton/Jim Thorpe. It is a truly beautiful part of the country. But it is also a place that is very much in need of a move of God! I will be praying for you in your work of evangelism there.

By the way, "Christopher" is a very nice name!

:-)

2006/2/12 0:16Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Thank you for that welcome! This is a beautifull part of our country and Philadelphia has so much history. I remember hearing on one of the messages here, I think it was by J. Edwin Orr, that George Whitfield used to preach somewhere in what is now Center City Philadelphia and they could hear him across the river in Jersey?? You know Chris, I never much cared for my name untill I followed after Christ and found out something of what it means(Christ banner or bearer of Christ?)! I covet your prayers brother, I have to regularly fight off weariness and discouragement. Thanks be to God for the resources here though, it is a great help. Please also pray that my wife and I find a home Church here.

Sermonindex and crsschk, thank you both for the welcome and your dedication to serving here. It is appreciated and needed!

His grace be with you all.

2006/2/12 8:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy