SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pro-gay minister at Coretta Scott King memorial service...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Pro-gay minister at Coretta Scott King memorial service...

Hello...

Did anyone watch the memorial service for Coretta Scott King (the wife of slain civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.)?

I watched the funeral in my dorm lobby, and I was shocked to see a "minister" [u]preach[/u] about "acceptance" of homosexuality. His name is Joseph Lowery, and he was the cofounder of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. I did a few google searches, and found that he not only supports the recognition of homosexuality, but he also supports abortion. Lowery used the memorial service as an attempt to [i]publicly humiliate[/i] the President of the United States (who was seated behind him).

It was sadly disheartening to also see Teddy Kennedy, one of the most ardent supporter of abortion and special rights for homosexuals in Congress, quote passages from the Bible.

:-(

2006/2/8 11:40Profile
JFEdgar

Wellington, Ohio

Re: Pro-gay minister at Coretta Scott King memorial service...

Let us preach the gospel with Fire and Love to this dying and deceived world.

2006/2/8 14:56Profile
jubilee

Re: Pro-gay minister at Coretta Scott King memorial service...

It seems to me the whole service was used as a political platform. I think those who did this should be ashamed of themselves. I do think the whole world has now seen what lows some folks will stoop to.

2006/2/13 0:32Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy