SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Evidence Bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
groh_frog

The Evidence Bible?

Yesterday at church, a friend of mine gave me a copy of "The Evidence Bible." It's Ray Comfort's compilation of the "Comfort-able Bible" (KJV with some archaic words replaced with modern equivalent), as well as cult and false religion profiles, various useful quotes, and tips on evangelism. As the intro states, it's designed specifically to train the believer to be an effective evangelist, and from flipping through it, that seems clearly the focus.

Doesn anyone else use this, or more specifically, have a preferance against or towards it for any specific reasons?

2006/2/6 11:17Profile

Re: The Evidence Bible?

Personally if you like Ray Comfort, you'll love that bible.

It's basically all his teachings on evangelism from WOTM.

I thought it was cool. Though I personally wouldn't buy it.

2006/2/6 12:42
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Doesn anyone else use this, or more specifically, have a preferance against or towards it for any specific reasons?

It does have alot of information on evangelism but is alittle broader then that and would be a good companion resource for any christian. I highly recommend it even just the small pocket version of the new testament for $5. I am praying that I can compile an equivalent quality study bible on the theme of revival and deeper life. I think Ray Comfort did a great job with it, I have a few copies of it myself and I love to give small pocket one's away to people who want a bible.

2006/2/6 13:39Profile
JFEdgar

Wellington, Ohio

Re:

I own it myself, and would definately recommend it. It could also be called "The Evangelism Bible". Filled with very useful info.

2006/2/6 13:53Profile

Quote:
It's Ray Comfort's compilation of the "Comfort-able Bible" (KJV with some archaic words replaced with modern equivalent),

KJV? Cant go wrong with that! Sounds great!

Krispy

2006/2/6 16:49
disciplejosh

Southern California

I would not hesitate to recommend the Evidence Bible. I buy them as I am able and hand them out to pastors, missionaries, street people, police officers, ventiloquists, postal office workers...

I always get great responses to them as time goes by. A great resource for learning how to share your faith and a good job making the King James Version "Comfort-able".

Check it out here...
[url=http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Bibles]The Evidence Bible[/url]

2006/2/6 19:54Profile
pottershands

North Carolina, USA

Re:

I use and I love it! I find the commentary extremely useful for learning how to share the Gospel and defend the Christian faith.

2006/2/8 12:58Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Hi Josh
ventriloquists:-o How many of those do you meet?

2006/2/8 19:48Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Is it possible to see any examples of what he has done with the KJV? I have read the website and it sounds as though it is a Bible with lots of illustrations and notes. Are these notes in the text, in the margins?

2006/2/8 19:54Profile
groh_frog

Re:

Here's a short example from James 1:

Quote:
James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith works patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, and upbraides not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

In the intro it tells a bit of what changes were made:

Quote:
To help The Evidence Bible to be easily accessible, we have translated into contemporary English some archaic words from the King James Version, such as "concupiscence," "decketh," "enchew," "feigned," "hawn," "heretofore," "howbeit," "intreaty," "waxeth."

The copyright page specifies the following:

Quote:
The text used in this bible is a "Comfort-able KJV" - a sensitively revised King James Version, in which archaic words have been simplified to make God's Word more understandable.

2006/2/8 20:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy