SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : HOLY GROUND

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

HOLY GROUND

One of my favorite messages that I have listened to is "Holy Ground" by David Wilkerson. That message is incredible! I have listened to it dozens of times -- and each time my heart grows heavy inside of me. The message speaks about what "holy ground" really means.
~
~
~
~
I guess that is why I love to hear messages that stir my heart. It is so difficult to find preachers today who speak full of passion and unction what God has laid upon their hearts. I love to listen to Leonard Ravenhill, David Wilkerson, and Tozer. There are many others, but I know that when I hear messages from these men, I will actually get something out of it. Anyone know of any other modern preachers who, after hearing their words, stir you into a deeper committment to the Lord? :) Thanks for any suggestions!!!

2003/12/13 9:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: HOLY GROUND

Quote:
One of my favorite messages that I have listened to is "Holy Ground" by David Wilkerson.

WOW brother! Wilkerson sounds very young in this sermon, its a very powerful message. At the beginning of the sermon he mentions that there are a whole breed of different christians i.e. tozer, ravenhill, etc. And he said to his sons and daughters to spend as much time with mr. ravenhill as they could.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=336]Holy Ground by David Wilkerson[/url]

2003/12/13 10:07Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Thanks chris (x3),

Will be sure to check this one out.
Someone I have been listening to lately, that I believe would bless you is [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=38]Brother Andrew[/url]

If you haven't already, I would recommened them all. Perhaps a different take on things, but from a man who has risked his life to spread the gospel.

2003/12/13 10:18Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

After I heard this tape, I decided to find some messages from Leonard Ravenhill (at the time, I had no idea who he was). I purchased the book, "Why Revival Tarries." WOW! I could hardly read a chapter without feeling a desperate need to seek God! I later purchased every book by Leonard Ravenhill that I could find! I also purchased books from authors that both he and David Wilkerson mentioned (Tozer, Macintosh, T. Austin Sparks, William Gurnall, etc...). These books have been like water in the desert!

I've listened to many of Ravenhill's messages. I wish that I could force every minister in the United States to listen to some of his messages! I know that for me, I become sooooooo hungry to know Jesus all the more intimately when I hear them. Do you know any other preachers (alive today) who preach with the same passion and knowledge of God? They are hard to find!

Oh, I read alot of messages from Leonard Ravenhill's website (www.ravenhill.org). I believe that his daughter or grand-daughter (or possibly great-grand-daughter) actually run the website. There's alot of great stuff there!

2003/12/13 10:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I've listened to many of Ravenhill's messages. I wish that I could force every minister in the United States to listen to some of his messages! I know that for me, I become sooooooo hungry to know Jesus all the more intimately when I hear them.

AMEN Praise God! I feel exactly the same way brother.

Quote:
Do you know any other preachers (alive today) who preach with the same passion and knowledge of God? They are hard to find!

Thats a really good questions any ideas anyone?

2003/12/13 12:28Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Pretty good message overall. I felt a little awkward with his application of Moses and the arm of leporsy.

The biggest thing I got from the message is a confirmation of what the Lord told me. Wilkerson was speaking of various "ideas" passed off as "vision" within ministry. E.g. buildings, programs, etc. Wilkerson, like the Lord showed me that there is no other vision but that of Jesus Christ. Getting an idea is not vision. To see Jesus is what we need to experience and show to others. (..goes off to type an article for my web site...)

2003/12/13 13:34Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Does anybody know if Wilkerson actually took the 1 year sabbatical he talked about on the tape?

2003/12/13 13:37Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Yes, he did take the sabbatical.

A friend that attends his church told me the following:

Soon thereafter, he found himself street preaching in New York City. As he walked down the streets at 2am, he said that he prayed that God would send someone to minister on the streets of the city. He said that he felt the Lord impress upon him to return to the city and pioneer a church. He said that he reminded the Lord that it would be very expensive, and that he was too old to take on such a task -- especially in raising funds. But he said that the Lord spoke to his heart and told him that He would support him.

Thus, he went and started Times Square Church. A couple of years later, they purchased the Mark Helliger (excuse my spelling) Theatre for an INCREDIBLE price -- and they didn't have to go in debt. This was the same theater where "Jesus Christ Superstar" used to mock the name of Jesus. Many people in the city protested the sale because the theater was valued for many millions more than TSC purchased it, and it is a historical landmark (giving the church the "air rights", meaning no one is able to build anything above them).

David Wilkerson was never quite as "popular" after he took that sabbatical. Alot of churches only wanted him to preach about reaching gangs (as in "The Cross and the Switchblade") -- and they didn't want him preaching against the "status quo". So many pastors stopped inviting him to preach to their congregation. Yet he says that he rejoices that he is in the middle of God's will, and that he doesn't regret anything.

2003/12/14 1:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
David Wilkerson was never quite as "popular" after he took that sabbatical. Alot of churches only wanted him to preach about reaching gangs (as in "The Cross and the Switchblade") -- and they didn't want him preaching against the "status quo". So many pastors stopped inviting him to preach to their congregation. Yet he says that he rejoices that he is in the middle of God's will, and that he doesn't regret anything.

[b]John 3:30 (niv)[/b] - He must become greater; I must become less.

That's amazing that wilkerson felt compelled to sacrifice his reputation and accomplishments to date for Jesus sake. How many of us are willing to become fools for Christ, to seek Him and Him alone! If we really start following Christ, some friends might leave us, people in churches tell us we are too legalistic, you will go through many trials and heart aches but you will have God!

Its like what Ravenhill said once: once you start to seek God with all your heart the dwarfs will sneer and jock at you saying 'heh your trying to be holier then the rest of us?'. All to Jesus, All to Jesus, lets give it all to Him.

2003/12/16 10:31Profile
Meg

Augusta Ga USA

I have for so long found my "comfort" in "stuff". Recently repented, I am still in the process of learning to live in a whole new way. We place so much emphasis on the things money can buy, hoping our "stuff" will make us "look good"... But shouldn't we be seeking the kind of blessings of Godly living that money cannot buy? When I visited David Wilkerson's website, I was amazed at how little he charges for his books and
music -- amazed and deeply moved.

2003/12/16 18:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy