SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Vision of the Glory of Christ the King

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Hia Frank,
My husband and I met in the Bible College where he got his degree, so I could never find that "offensive" as you've said. Not at all.
If all people's of the world could afford to go to a 'good' Bible College and had the freedoms that we have in our country to study, as we have, it would be wonderful ... but the Lord knows that it also isn't necessary for 'all'.

I've known children who can speak on some subjects just as well as we, and sometimes even Floor us, by what comes out of their mouths, by the spirit of Truth alone.

When you speak of Jesus' subservient position while in the flesh, by bringing up "My God , My God, why has thou forsaken me,", or of Him "Not knowing the day or the hour" ... you are using His time in the flesh on earth, to carry through from the "time of Adam" up until "his ascension".

After He ascended, He resumed His Former Glory ... so we cannot compare His earth time, when He "emptied Himself" etc. to any of the time that He was and now is, in Heaven.

You have not made any theological statements, so to speak, that caused me to first post on here, but you made up "stories" of what transpired in Heaven at Adam's Fall and at Christ's ascension.
That is what prompted this, nothing more.

Revelation 19:11-16, describes the Glorified Christ and He has a different Name that no man knows, yet retains the name The Word of God (The Logos), and on to Chpt.s 21 & 22, when the Three are One God again, after the Millenial reign, as He was One God in the Garden talking with Adam, He/God shall be with us and wipe our tears and the tabernacle of God will be with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God, in the New Jerusalem which is yet to come, which is His Bride in totality.

Again, if I may recommend brother RonB's thread "godhead" and say that, our Christology is very important.

The Trinity, in as far as how Co-Equal the three in One are 'is' understandable ... and that is where your "stories" missed it and where you call "my position" lays, in Their Co-Equality, shown from the O.T. to The Revelation. Eloheim being plural, etc. If you read your story again, about Adam's Fall, you'll see what I'm trying to say and compare your story to those Scripture verses, that are posted above in that longer post above.

Frank, you say you "believe me to be wrong" and that is sad, if Their Co-Equality is all through the O.T., just by the many times "Eloheim" is used alone, even from creation and the Garden.

I'll drop this now Brother.

I do love you in Him.
Annie

2006/1/28 18:31

Re:

Hi Annie
This quote may be the most telling in our disagreement.............................................When you speak of Jesus' subservient position while in the flesh, by bringing up "My God , My God, why has thou forsaken me,", or of Him "Not knowing the day or the hour" ... you are using His time in the flesh on earth, to carry through from the "time of Adam" up until "his ascension".

After He ascended, He resumed His Former Glory ... so we cannot compare His earth time, when He "emptied Himself" etc. to any of the time that He was and now is, in Heaven.

Just a couple of things Annie. When He emptied Himself, He lost nothing of His glory, he added flesh. He did not become the Son of God when He stepped into time through Mary, He has always been the Son of God. There is a reason why Elohim is plural. God the Father God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. That is why my story is not unbiblical, because it assumes the plurality of God the Father with His Son, it is extra-Biblical obviously and dilogue added to aid understanding of the plan of salvation.
I too will drop this now sister, I think we have made our points and if it adds to anyones understanding, then priase God. May we continue to serve if and always be ready to give an answer for the hope that lies in us with love and patience......Your brother in Christ........Frank

2006/1/28 19:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy