SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Church is a lot like Football

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Anyhowz ... so now, are we still friends Coach ?

Just cuz we disagree doesnt mean we aint friends! My wife and I disagree all the time... and I still think she is hot!

Krispy

2006/2/7 8:31

Re:

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he would have walked into a pub and watched it with the guys.

Amen...

Quote:
ESPN produced an article that said officiating could have cost the Seahawks 11 points that game...

The officiating was horrible all thru the playoffs this year. Especially the game between Pittsburg and Denver!

Quote:
did anyone else think Mic Jagger performed down near his worst?

Was there ever a time that performed well in his "career"? Who told him he could sing???

Krispy

2006/2/7 8:33

Re:

Quote:
but you NEED Tivo to watch it around kids anymore.

Tivo is awesome. And we usually start watching games 30 minutes after they start specifically so we can fast forward thru the commercials.

Other than sports we dont watch much TV other than educational shows. (We homeschool) There was a great documentary on PBS last night about Bonhoeffer.

Krispy

2006/2/7 8:35

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:
but you NEED Tivo to watch it around kids anymore.

Tivo is awesome. And we usually start watching games 30 minutes after they start specifically so we can fast forward thru the commercials.

Other than sports we dont watch much TV other than educational shows. (We homeschool) There was a great documentary on PBS last night about Bonhoeffer.

Krispy

Glad we're still N.C. brethren/friends.

You have 4 children, right ? And a gorgeous wife.

I remember ,,,, that was the thread where we met last year.

Remember, I called you sister ? I'm lucky I lived through that one .. but we hit it off from there.

Terrific ! Praise God for your wife and you home schooling.

I'm with ya on the T.V. stuff.

While I was off line for 3 mo.s, I got so bored, I turned the thing on, after I dusted it off, plugged it in and adjusted the rabbit ears .. haaaaaaa.

Now that I'm back on line, I only watch one show now and then. It's educational for me.
If I had cable or something more than rabbit ears, I'd be tempted with the HGTV station.

Well, this was a fun thread after all.
Thank you for being understanding.

Can't say I agree with the Jesus in the Pub stuff, HA ... but then again ... I'm still growing.

Who knows, maybe I'll join Him there someday. 8-)

2006/2/7 22:49

Re:Jesus in a Sports Bar.

Now wait a minute.

I tried ... I even signed off and sat staring at the monitor for a while, but I just can't see it.

I'm sorry guys, I really did try, but I just can't see it. And what would He say about Jager ? Oh my.
Guess I'm on the outter bounds again. I'm out of the league. I'm benched. I've fumbled the ball for the last time. I'm finished.

2006/2/7 23:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy