SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Greetings!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Ignitemysoul

Appleton

Greetings!

Hello, After a year or so I have gotten a chance to officially log in. I have known the lord for 20 years but in feb of 2000 God forever changed me into a true follower. Now God has placed a huge burden on my heart to see the american christian church revived, and walking in light of Gods truth. I have no credentials besides walking with the lord closely for the last 6 years, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a bible college that embraces holiness like we do here? Anything less would drive me and them crazy.

I am trying to resist but I must run this thought past you guys. Every pastor that I have ever asked in person thinks that the person that has put their trust in jesus to save them is indeed saved. No mention of repentance, power over sin, well in short they don't need to be changed at all from their former self. This has not been my experience. When I as 16 I asked jesus to take control of my life, right after this I could understand the bible for the first time and had a desire for good teaching of gods word but, for the next 14 years I got drunk on most weekends and was a fine hypocrite. Until the winter of 2000 and God came to me and said "If you continue on like this, I will have to say that you are not mine!" It was if I had died and come to judgement. That is when I repented and for sure became a new creature. So my question is what was I before 2000? If I were a real christian then you can loose your salvation. My pastor thinks I was saved. I think I was not saved, I didn't turn all of my life over to the lord. The problem is most of those who also think they are christians look like the former me and not the person God is shaping me into now.

I need to figue out how you put those quotes on bottom of your posts.

In Christ,
Jon

2006/1/21 21:53Profile
Quickend

Re: Greetings!

Interesting post.

I had the opposite experience at age 20. I can however relate to you in this regard. I can't help but wonder if you had belived, but not been empowerd by the spirit. There are accounts of belivers not immediately receiving the spirit so maybe this was the case.

Just Thinking,

Robert.H

2006/1/21 22:47Profile
Ignitemysoul

Appleton

Re:

I am not familure with the spirit empoewring you at a later time. But that is interesting.
I see it as the holysprit can not, and will not reside where sin being clung to. God resists the sinner who loves his sin. When I became very serious about wanting nothing to do with sinning agianst my lord then came the power of the holy sprit. Even to this day the key to spritual growth seems to be when I get very serious about some form of sin that God has shown me, and I draw a line in the sand so to speak and say "no more" then lean totaly on Gods power to carryout that desire a greater love for others comes about, power to resist that sin, to walk in obiedence to the lord, and be more christ like.

2006/1/21 23:58Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Just go to View Account, then Edit Profile. To have a Signature (quotes or something at the bottom) just fill it in inside of the Signature part.

Welcome!

2006/1/23 10:25Profile
seekup

Re:

Ignitemysoul,
Brother I offer you this. Through out the bible man continually falls short of God's grace and expectations of a holy existence. This being the byproduct of free will mixed with the perverse influence of Satan. When Christ died for our sins he gave us the final covenant for salvation. He suffered for sin and defeated death because he knew we were incapable of conquering sin ourselves. I agree that when we are saved we are obliged to turn from sin in every aspect of our lives as best as we can. Some Christians have to walk farther than others. Christ says he sees thoughts of sin and sin in the same way. We can resist temptations only when we are tempted, so to be tempted we must first think about the sin. No man is capable of not thinking sinful thoughts so not matter no matter how much we resist the flesh, we are still sinners under heaven. That is why Christ died for us and then defeated death. None of will go to heaven because we are good, because we are not, we will go to heaven because we are forgiven.
A seminary student once told his professor that he was thankful because he never felt tempted anymore. The professor replied,"That is the saddest thing I've ever heard. If you are never tempted, that means the devil doesn't see you as a threat."
Yes, we must become a new creature with the faith of Christ, but (as my Chaplin puts it) when we sin and ask for forgiveness, the Lord binds up our sins and cast them into the deepset ocean and remembers them no more. Therefore when you bring up an old sin for which you feel guilty, God says I don't know what you are talking about. We can not take our salvation as an excuse to sin freely, but it is our way to the Lord even when we fall down. All Christians still sin, but we are forgiven because our god is a great God and he loves us more than we can comprhend. Christ also says no sin is greater than any other, except blasphemy against the holy spirit. When it comes to sin, thoughts and flesh are binded and intertwined. So I guess my point is that when you were falling down, Christ still loved you and knew that you accepted him. The question is, did you remember him during these times and ask his forgiveness. If so then he knew you and no one could take your name out of his book. This longer than I intended but I hope I made a coherent point. Keep walking the in the way and remember those who are struggling, for they may need to see his light shining through you. God Bless you brother. I hope I helped.

2006/1/23 12:59Profile

Re:

I just encourage you to use your testimony brother.

So many 'believers' could relate to a 'backslidden' life. (I quote them because some say their saved, others not. and some say you were backslidden, others say you weren't saved..)

But, non-the-less of the theology of it all. God has given you a testimony for you to share with others. And a powerful one, cause He wrote it ;-)

So I encourage you Jon to use it for His glory, by telling others your story.

2006/2/5 0:25
jimp

Re:

hi, we all have a strange attitude to the Love of God. we love each other brcause she is pretty, sweet kind, has a great personality,treats us like a king, have similar interests, wealthy, is a good christian person etc. God loves us because of who He is and not for who we are or what we are. while we were yet sinners He died for us. we also are commanded to love the unlovely, for even the wicked can love those that are appealin to them.it is all about Him and His blood sacrifice,it is not about you or me. when the death angel passed over those with the blood applied to their doorposts he did not even check who was inside. pharaoh and his family could have been inside, when I see the blood I will passover you. this truth of a great God who is the Covenant Keeper and Maker and Sacrifice and Surety and Advocate should bring us to labor to enter ino His rest of His holiness. jimp

2006/2/5 3:07Profile
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

Re:

Quote:
it is all about Him and His blood sacrifice,it is not about you or me. when the death angel passed over those with the blood applied to their doorposts he did not even check who was inside. pharaoh and his family could have been

Amen

very well put

2006/2/5 11:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy