SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is Christian Perfection?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Im one of the few who believe that christians can live without sin.

You may have more companions that you realise. :-)

2006/2/13 8:05Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Greg's

Quote:
I am not trying to attack this simple word picture that you quoted but really how is a child "perfect"? We all have faults even in our physical bodies and minds, we are definetly subject to our enviroment in some extent to our "condition"?

Sorry, Greg, I missed this one. How about the word 'fit' in the sense of up to the necessary standard? A new born babe is quite 'fit' for its station in life but that apt-ness and 'perfect' suitedness to the life it is to live is not without the possibility of growth. Fit usually means 'equipped for the task in hand'.

As Ron(InTheLight) has said one of the words used in scripture is [url=http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/words/2/1139836643-2435.html]katartizO[/url] The prefix kata often signifies 'thorough, right down to the bottom'; pinO is to drink, while katapinO is to swallow. The word has its roots in [url=http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/words/7/1139836742-6982.html]artios[/url] which signifies 'special aptitude for given uses': I love that phrase. :-D Christian Perfection is not angelic perfection, but is the concept that God fully (kata) equips us with the right 'aptitude for given uses'.

A newborn child has all the necessary 'aptitudes' for its life and progress. Whether or not it uses them will be part of the story of 'glorification'.

2006/2/13 8:25Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

A B Simpson wrote and excellent, and thoughtful, book which is online; [url=http://glorifyhisname.com/sys-tmpl/ws1/]Wholly Sanctified[/url]

2006/2/13 12:09Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Who is the Word? John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

This is our perfection. Hbr 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Hebrews 6:19-20 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

We will always be becoming Perfect in Christ.

at 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1Cr 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Phl 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Jam 1:4 But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the Glory which shall be revealed in us.

Is He revealed in us. Paul says He is: Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; Galatians 1:15-16 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

What is this Glory? Or rather Who is this Glory?
Colossians 1:27-28 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Let us all come to this Mind that is in Christ Jesus, that every man is presented Perfect in Christ. This is the only perfection we will ever have, Christ in us the Hope of Glory.

Perfect in Christ: Phillip, not me brethren but Christ in me.

2006/2/14 2:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy