SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tracts, witnessing and winning the lost

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Tracts, witnessing and winning the lost

Could someone tell me where is the best place to buy tracts? Has anyone here ever attempted to print them on the computer? Their really expensive in the christian bookstores.

It would be nice if someone would make some tract software.They have software for greeting cards.

What kinds of people do you think are the most receptive to the gosple? Do you think the rich are the hardest to win to the Lord?Evidently so according to what Jesus said about the rich.The apostle Paul talked about the rich man oppressing us and blaspheming that worthy name by the which we are called.

Isn't Jesus an example of how we should reach people.Jesus would always let the crowds follow Him and he would take them to a quiet place on a mountain side and preach to them.The only hecklers I ever remember were the pharasees.Shouldn't we use wisdom instead of exausting all of our energy on those who don't want to hear?

Maybe Im all wrong but it just seems to me that if you go right in the middle of a shopping area your just asking for trouble.Maybe its best to go to a public park where there are just people.Ive seen preachers go to parks where their are art galleries and the vendors get angry with them.

Doesn't the bible say that we should try to live peaceably with all men as much as lies in us?I believe this brings glory to the Lord when we try to not disrupt others even though I know that that is not always possible which is understandable.I just think that it would be better for the preacher and the listener to try to find the most productive and less exhausting way.

"Whosoever will let him come..." -Jesus

2006/1/18 14:22
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Tracts, witnessing and winning the lost

Livingwaters.com is good. You have probably already heard of it though.

2006/1/18 14:35Profile
four4Him

Southern New Jersey

-Rebecca,

-The hardest people to win to the Lord are those who are convinced that they don't need Him. Rich or poor, makes no difference. Those folks are the hardest to convince. But there is one sermon that no one can refute: an individual testimony. People may or may not agree with you, but they cannot take away your testimony. As Dr. Ben Haden used to say, they cannot take away "the testimony of a changed life."

-If you're nervous about witnessing to people, start slowly. Remember your testimony, how Jesus changed your life. Go over this in your mind. Ask the pastor if you can give your testimony to your church family (some churches still have "testimony time" during services). As Dr. David Jeremiah once said, "Anyone can try to start something new; why not become a part of a ministry that needs help?" (That statement actually had a monumental impact on me accepting the pastorate of my church). Maybe some folks in your home church have a street ministry that needs people. As Solomon once wrote, "Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken" (NKJV)..

-By the way, God - not man - does the best job of "disrupt[ing] others." And, as I'm sure you know, being born again is a disruptive process. Thank God that it is.. :-)

-Blessings!...

2006/1/18 14:49Profile
Axe1338

Miami, Fl

Re:

My grandfather is a pastor and at his house he receives tracts from The Tract League and he gives them to me, maybe they have a website or if anything i will post some info if there is any...

God Bless

2006/1/18 15:09Profile
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Quote:

Rebecca5 wrote:

Could someone tell me where is the best place to buy tracts? Has anyone here ever attempted to print them on the computer? Their really expensive in the christian bookstores.

Well, first of all - PRAISE GOD for people like you who want to reach the lost with the Gospel with whatever means there are available.

As mentioned above, [url=http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=gospeltracts]LivingWaters.com[/url] has some of the easiest-to-hand-out tracts (like a realistic looking million dollar bill with a Gospel message on the back) plus they don't present an "easy" Gospel. They are sold almost at cost to Living Waters, too, so they are not expensive. For instance, you can get 100 of those million dollar bill tracts for only $5.

To view a short video clip on how to use the tracts, go [url=http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant2/tracts.asx]HERE[/url]

Quote:

It would be nice if someone would make some tract software.They have software for greeting cards.

I actually developed many of my own Gospel tracts to be printed out of folded 4X6 index cards (blank) as well as business cards. You can download them here: http://wrightstuffmin.bravehost.com/
But it ends up being more expensive (and much more time-consuming) printing your own than buying from Living Waters. I never talked with a local printer, but if you really have a way that you want to present the Gospel and are unsatisfied with other Gospel tracts, try talking with a local print shop.

Quote:
What kinds of people do you think are the most receptive to the gosple?

Those who have a broken spirit (poor in spirit) and a broken and contrite heart.
Both Old and New Testaments tell us that "God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble."
The proud will never see their need for a Savior until they get a glimpse of their doomed state. That's why the use of the Law is so important when presenting the Gospel. Wesley did it - Spurgeon did it - even Jesus (see Mark 10:17-27.) For more on using the Law in evangelism, listen to this stirring mp3: [url=http://www.livingwaters.com/listenwatch.shtml]HELL'S BEST KEPT SECRET[/url] (you can also watch it as a video.)

Quote:
Do you think the rich are the hardest to win to the Lord?Evidently so according to what Jesus said about the rich.The apostle Paul talked about the rich man oppressing us and blaspheming that worthy name by the which we are called.

Not just the rich but the proud - and both start to feel the heat of hell when presented with the Law of God and the standards of His righteousness.

Quote:
Isn't Jesus an example of how we should reach people.Jesus would always let the crowds follow Him and he would take them to a quiet place on a mountain side and preach to them.The only hecklers I ever remember were the pharasees.Shouldn't we use wisdom instead of exausting all of our energy on those who don't want to hear?

You've touched on a very interesting point, and I while I don't really disagree with you, my own personal conversion was a result of God seeking me out, not me seeking God.
As far as debating - Paul tried it in Athens, and that's probably why there is no letter to the Athenians. Paul advised Timothy to avoid vain arguements. Now, there is a balance between bold preaching that stands down vain attempts to discredit Christ and the Gospel and dramatic public arguments.

We should stand for the truth, but sometimes Christians seem more bent on winning the argument and not the sinner.

Quote:
Maybe Im all wrong but it just seems to me that if you go right in the middle of a shopping area your just asking for trouble.Maybe its best to go to a public park where there are just people.Ive seen preachers go to parks where their are art galleries and the vendors get angry with them.

Well, parks are usually public property and shopping areas usually aren't, which means they can ask you to leave if someone complains. I have personally witnessed in both kinds of areas, and people in public areas are more willing to talk than busy shoppers. I still think both can prove to be valid "fishing holes", though.

Quote:
Doesn't the bible say that we should try to live peaceably with all men as much as lies in us?I believe this brings glory to the Lord when we try to not disrupt others even though I know that that is not always possible which is understandable.I just think that it would be better for the preacher and the listener to try to find the most productive and less exhausting way.

"Whosoever will let him come..." -Jesus

Well, let your own conscience guide you, but the Bible also is clear that the church is the sole possessor of the light of the Gospel, and some people would have never came to Christ if someone hadn't been "rude" enough to witness to them, even if it seemed an inconvenience at the time.

I really don't think most Christians witness in a way that is intrusive. I mean, only 2% actively witness anyway. People are more offended at the message than its presentation most of the time.

Jude tells us:
"And on some have compassion, making a distinction; but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh." (vs. 22-23)

So, sometimes we are to be bold, other times gentle, but the point most Christians are missing isn't the issue of how to witness but whether or not it's their "calling" to witness. If even half the church would start to witness actively, the world would start to once again accuse us of turning the world upside down (see Acts 17:6.)

Very thought-provoking post! Let's keep reaching out to the lost, and pray for power from on high!

-Chris

2006/1/18 15:34Profile
allhavsinned

North West England

I have been street preaching and giving out tracts since May 2005, I write my own tracts, as God inspires me, I have written and distributed 3 different ones and I am praying for an easter one. I type them up in 'WORD' to fit two on an A4 sheet (double sided). My church has graciously agreed to print 500 sheets (1000 tracts) per month FREE! though this is not enough! I also buy them from a company though I can't remember the name.
As for your other points, I preach on the street twice a week at an open market near my home. I am mostly ignored but over the months I have had some good one to ones.
We should be prepared to go into the highways and compel people to come to Him. (see Mat 22:9)
Most people are afraid of being rejected or laughed at but we must not be ashamed of the Gospel of Christ.
Step out in faith as soon as you can, in boldness, trusting God, and He will give you the words to speak.
I have found over the last few months that God has revealed more of Himself to me as I have been obedient to His call. (I wish I had done it sooner!)
What Chris wrote above is very true.

God Bless
Steve

2006/1/19 0:47Profile

Re:

I go to the flea market on Saturdays and hand out tracks with our baptist church.My 5 kids go with me but sometimes I wonder if I should bring them or not.On the other hand it toughens them up.

Theres no open air preaching, I don't think the flea market or the church would let us.There are some people who will stop and ask questions.I feel a little restricted sometimes though because I have pentecostal beliefs that my baptist brothers and sisters don't.

At times I would just like to have the freedom of doing something on my own but maybe I'll just stick to the flea market until God opens up something else for me.I can't always get there on Saturdays though because of work.

I didn't realize tracts were so cheap at Living Waters and Ive never heard of double sided printing paper.

2006/1/19 5:45
Sentry

West Monroe, Louisiana

There are many ways to show the love of Chirst.

There's a saying: "People dont care what you know, until they know that you care."

Our outreach team does many different things.
We go to laundromats and give out "care packages". These have detergent, softener, some stain wipes and usually some candy or something.

No tracts....but a card that says something like:
"This is just simple way of showing that God loves you...no strings attached."

People have broken down and cried. It opens doors for ministry. We do street ministry also, but more than that, we just love people.

I think the world needs compassion. Rich or poor.

The bank teller needs Jesus just as much as the beggar living on the street.

There are literally hundreds of ideas of reaching out to your community.

Check out this site:

[url=http://www.servantevangelism.com/index.htm]http://www.servantevangelism.com/index.htm[/url]

Many of our ideas came from here.

God bless your endeavors.

Mark

2006/1/19 7:51Profile

Re:

Those are some great ideas and I like those T-shirts.

2006/1/19 8:17
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re:

Quote:

Sentry wrote:
There are many ways to show the love of Chirst.

There's a saying: "People dont care what you know, until they know that you care."

Our outreach team does many different things.
We go to laundromats and give out "care packages". These have detergent, softener, some stain wipes and usually some candy or something.

No tracts....but a card that says something like:
"This is just simple way of showing that God loves you...no strings attached."

People have broken down and cried. It opens doors for ministry. We do street ministry also, but more than that, we just love people.

Mark,

Your compassion for others is commendable, and I have to agree that many of those sharing their faith have grown so cautious of those only looking for a hand-out, that such offerings of love are rarely given.

On the other hand, I think your approach is equally unbalanced. Giving them perishable things can open doors to share God's love, but most people's concept of God is still very pagan and in darkness. Without giving them the spiritual light of the Gospel, you might make them feel better for a season, but they are still in darkness and hell still has its grip on them.

The problem with evangelism is the same problem with almost every facet of church life today: there is no balance. You've got your people seem to only care about saving people's souls and seem to forget the bodily needs and woes of the person. At the same time, you've got people who are so consumed with wanting to preach the Gospel with their kind acts that they seem to forget the eternal soul within those people, and are so consumed with giving "life" that eternal life somehow is left out.

There should be a balance: sharing the Truth with love. Jesus wants us as believers to be so detached from earthly possessions that if someone asks for the coat off our back, we give it to them, trusting that God will supply our needs. We are called to give freely, but most people think that only means material things, when in fact Jesus was referring to spiritual things when He said so. The point is to glorify God - and not just people's concept of whatever god they have - but the One True Living God.

If we give them bread but neglect to share with them the Bread of Life, we have failed in our mission. We can also be disobedient by neglecting the poor, the sick, and those who are in need. Read James 1:27 - that's pure religion. But we called to not just serve in religion but in Spirit - and to seek the lost, intercessing for them in prayer, and loving their souls enough to share the Gospel with them.

[b]The simple truth: Christians should love God and their neighbors as themselves. If you like people blessing you with gifts of kindness, bless people with gifts of kindness. If you are thankful that God ransomed you from hell and that you now walk with Him, tell others how they can as well.[/b]

I don't think anyone can argue with that.

-Chris

2006/1/19 12:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy