SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Glory of the Third Temple

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Glory of the Third Temple

Hi Guys
I could not sleep on Saturday night, so at 2 in the morning I got up and continued my study on Haggai. The Holy Spirit soon imparted to me something that made my spirit soar.

There is no doubt that the glory of the first temple was an awesome thing, indeed it was a wonder of the ancient world. Solomon's temple was a marvel and without equal. It housed the Ark of the Covenant, which represented God's presence here on earth. Often the shekinah glory of the Lord would rain down like fire and emanate in this glorious temple. Men from all over the known world would be drawn to this wonder and to the wisdom of its God ordained builder. The Queen of Sheba crossed many different lands to come and see what was going on in Jerusalem. This Temple would last for almost 400 years before being allowed to be destroyed by the Lord who allowed judgment to fall on Israel.

After 70 years, the Lord would bring His people back and they would lay the foundations to rebuild the temple. This temple was very much smaller than the original and of course there were still people alive who would have remembered the glory of the original temple. The people were discouraged by this and many other factors and had to be encouraged by God to rebuild, after the building had lain dormant for 16 years, that's a lot of years of discouragement. There would be no ark of the Covenant, no shekinah glory for this temple, yet little did the builders know that into this structure would walk, in the flesh, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. This temple would hold the maker of heaven and earth and He would announce His mission to the world from this very spot, a great glory indeed. In this very temple, sin, desperately seeking for a hiding place , would be exposed by the light of the world. The bearers of this sin, the religious men of the day, were the last vestiges of a sin that had begun to be exposed by the Law and Moses. Now a greater than Moses would enter right into the temple, the last place any one would look for sin, and expose it in the very heart of the hypocrisy of the "moral ,' men of the day.

Seventy Years after Jesus was born, once again the temple was destroyed. This time the former marvel of the ancient world would never rise again. Yet, each time the Lord would destroy a magnificent building, and replace it with something less, the glory revealed in the reduced surroundings would increase. Now, in the final irony of this world, the temple would be rebuilt, but not with stones, not with bricks and mortar, not with inlaid gold, but with a people. And once again the Lord would increase the glory revealed. We, as true Christians, are the living stones, we are the temple of the living God. The shekinah glory does not rain down now and then, Jesus does not walk into the temple every Sabbath, Jesus has come into this temple, not built by men, and has taken up residence. The heart of shekinah glory dwells in the center of each and every royal priest. His light, His love, His truth, His peace, His joy, His glory, His healing, His comfort, His power, His justice, His grace, His majesty, His deliverance and all that He is, burns at the very center of our being. This fire, the fire of the Holy Spirit, is housed in the temple of His choosing.

Maybe you have been discouraged, maybe even for years. Maybe you look in the mirror and your not that impressed with what is looking back. When you compare yourself to other Christians, great and small, you feel deeply lacking. Then the Lord would say to you my brothers and sisters....do not despise the temple of my choosing. I have chosen a royal priesthood that carries me aloft within their chest. The born again man or woman is the wonder of the modern world, far more so that the temple of the ancient one. The glory that Moses had, hidden by a covering over His face, has been revealed to a world in the form of new creatures. If you would let His light shine, if you would let His love flow, if you would stand upon His truth, if you would seek peace amongst men, if you would share the joy of the Lord, if you would reveal His glory, if you would share His healing and comfort those in need, if you would reveal His power, and exercise His justice with the grace that you yourself have been justified with,then the majesty of your deliverance would burn brightly for all men to see. If there is body and soul, then the world is the body and you are the soul of the world.
Be Christlike and display that which is within you, and you will shake the world, you will expose the enemy, just as our Lord did, and the enemy will have no where to hide, and will be defeated.
In the beauty of Holiness
Frank

2006/1/18 1:03
Graftedbranc

Re: The Glory of the Third Temple

Quote:
Now, in the final irony of this world, the temple would be rebuilt, but not with stones, not with bricks and mortar, not with inlaid gold, but with a people. And once again the Lord would increase the glory revealed. We, as true Christians, are the living stones, we are the temple of the living God.

Amen, the Tabernacle and the temple were a type and a shadow of God's eternal purpose. That is, not to have a house built with stone, but a house built with humanity.

"And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us."

Christ in incarnation was the habitation of God, His tabernacle among men. And later, He identified Himself as the reality of the temple saying, "tear down this temple and in three days I will raised it up. But this He spoke of His body.

And today, the Church as the body of Christ in resurrection is the enlargement and increase of this temple. Christ as the Head and we as His body are the household of God, the dwelling place of God in spirit.

And in the end, the New Jerusalem is the Living Tabernacle of God. His perfected Bride. His dwelling place, His expression for all eternity built with Living Stones.

Graftedbranch.

2006/1/18 16:52Profile

Re:

Graftedbranch writes.......And in the end, the New Jerusalem is the Living Tabernacle of God. His perfected Bride. His dwelling place, His expression for all eternity built with Living Stones.

Amen brother, may we all take our place in the temple not built by human hands....................Frank

2006/2/9 20:32
rookie

Re:

There were some who did not reject the "Stone."

17 I shall not die, but live,
And declare the works of the LORD.
18 The LORD has chastened me severely,
But He has not given me over to death.
19 Open to me the gates of righteousness;
I will go through them,
And I will praise the LORD.
20 This is the gate of the LORD,
Through which the righteous shall enter.
21 I will praise You,
For You have answered me,
And have become my salvation.
22 The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.

As the people sang this psalm, some entered into the Light of Life. Many had the opportunity to know the "Life," yet they rejected Him. We sing today, we teach from the Psalms about the relationship we experience with our Lord. We use these precepts and apply them to our lives and rightly label them as part of the New Covenant promise, yet there is more.

Isaiah 56

Is. 56:1 Thus says the LORD:
“Keep justice, and do righteousness,
For My salvation is about to come,
And My righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”
3 Do not let the son of the foreigner
Who has joined himself to the LORD
Speak, saying,
“The LORD has utterly separated me from His people”;
Nor let the eunuch say,
“Here I am, a dry tree.”
4 For thus says the LORD:
“To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths,
And choose what pleases Me,
And hold fast My covenant,
5 Even to them I will give in My house
And within My walls a place and a name
Better than that of sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
That shall not be cut off.

The everlasting name, the everlasting promise, in whom alone does the glory shine forth?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/2/10 15:22Profile
rookie

Re:

Hag. 2:6 “For thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘Once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land; 7 and I will shake all nations, and they shall come to the Desire of All Nations, and I will fill this temple with glory,’ says the LORD of hosts. 8 “The silver is Mine, and the gold is Mine,’ says the LORD of hosts. 9 “The glory of this latter temple shall be greater than the former,’ says the LORD of hosts. ‘And in this place I will give peace,’ says the LORD of hosts.”

Zech. 6:12 Then speak to him, saying, “Thus says the LORD of hosts, saying:
‘Behold, the Man whose name is the BRANCH!
From His place He shall branch out,
And He shall build the temple of the LORD;
13 Yes, He shall build the temple of the LORD.
He shall bear the glory,
And shall sit and rule on His throne;
So He shall be a priest on His throne,
And the counsel of peace shall be between them both.” ’

There are two temples that coexist in the OT, who is the Branch?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/2/10 15:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy