SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Biblepod

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Biblepod

I have worked out that to store the bible you need roughly 2 gigabytes or more. The ipod nano roughly stores 2 gigabytes or more. It may need added extras plus the operating system with current technology it means that you can reach the people who cannot read. The problem is battery life because a homeless person or a person in a forign country cannot have access to a power supply.
Also the ipod does not have speakers and is not accustomed to the rough weather and is not waterproof and has no device if it gets stolen.
The interface needs sorting out.
The problem is that the Ipod is too expensive buying a ipod which is 2 gigabytes and speakers is in the £200 or $200. To get a copy of the bible in audio form to every homeless person would be in the millions. I have a diagram on my site what i would like it too look like!!!

An alternitive is a CD Player with MP3 CD's. This is five consecutive cds the problem is outside it is going to get stolen!!! The batteries need constantly replacign and it has to survive the elements.

Pray that the AMG bible KJV version will be in stock on amazon.co.uk as it is the cheapest bible out there on audio ranging at £15 or $20 or less I have picked it up for less than this.
it is great for introduxcing the bible to new people. As a present or to introduce them to the bible or to reignite christians who do not know there bible.

2006/1/17 21:55Profile
allhavsinned

North West England

Re: Biblepod

I can get the whole bible and more on 2 cd's in MP3 format. it's about 1 gig. In WMA it's smaller and I think will fit on one CD but I haven't tried that. I downloaded it off the internet though I cannot remember where. I put the whole OT on one disc and on the other I put the NT plus Psalms and other books until it was full. Like you say, playing it is a problem and I have found that it is more use, cheaper and easier to give out bibles, even when people can't read they can usually have it read to them.

2006/1/17 23:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy