Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Today's Gospel and the cost

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
"It may come as a surprise to some reading this that this concept of ‘the gospel’ and of ‘receiving Christ’ was the product of the evangelistic campaigns of the 20th Century.

Just would like to point out that "receivieng Christ" comes from John 1:12,13 "As many as recieved Him to them He gave power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name which were ... born of God."

It's difficult to argue against the scripturalness of "recieving Christ". When we believe into Him we do indeed "recieve Him". He regenerates us and comes into us to dwell in our regenerated spirit making us sons of God.

John 14 "He is with you and shall be in you".

Reading though acts and what the Apostles preached can be boild down to.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved...

Repent and believe the Gospel.

Repent and be baptised each one of you in the Name of Jesus Christ.

These are all variations of the same theme. Repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ which issues in the forgiveness of sin, regeneration and Christ indwelling us.

To believe into Christ is to recieve Him and to recieve Him is to believe into Him. They are one and the same.

Graftedbranch

2006/1/29 19:08Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

God was very careful to separate The Holy Spirit from the Spirit of Christ, and yet in the God Head They are One in Union and purpose. There is a good reason for this separation. Christ is our life, The Holy Spirit is our Teacher of the things of God In Christ Jesus.

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Mar 1:10 And straightway coming up out of the water, He saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon Him:

Luk 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Jhn 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon Him.

This is the perfect apologetic for the Three In One God of the Trinity. God the Son being baptized to fulfill all righteousness, The Holy Spirit Himself abiding upon Christ, not the Spirit of Christ and God the Father speaking out of Heaven in His Pleasure of His Son. If God wants these Three in One separated there must be a reason. The reason is the Incorruptable Seed we are birthed by. I was crucified with Christ, Not with the Holy Spirit. The Life I now live I live by this Seed and its power of the Faith of God, who is Jesus Christ who has been Born Again in me, not The Holy Spirit. It was Christ on the Cross, not the Holy Spirit, and it was His own Spirit He gave up. Luk 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: (Not the Holy Spirit) and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. Not Holy Ghost.

Jesus Christ when He requested the Father that He send the Comforter, He did not request that God send Himself but the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth and our Helper. Joh 14:16
I will pray the Father. Rather, request. The Greek word [eratao] is not the one used when we are bidden to pray [--proseuchomai is]. The creature prays; the Son requests.
He shall give you another Comforter. The Holy Spirit; the Helper. The latter word more nearly expresses the idea of the Greek term parakletos than the word "Comforter."

Abide with you for ever. The Lord had been with them over three years, but is about to depart. Henceforth he will abide with them, by the Seed birthed in each believer from the Father, lest how could we call Him Father if the Sperma of God (Seed) is not placed in each one of us, yes the Seed of Christ birthed in our spirit that we might see the Things of God and be called son's. Christ is not in person, but by His Spirit, the Seed that Father shall send. Just like Mary. Through this agency he will be with His people "always" [Mt 28:20].

Jesus Christ has not left us comfort less, His Seed in in us forever. John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless : I will come to you . 3737. orphanos
Search for G3737 in KJVSL
orjanoV orphanos or-fan-os'

of uncertain affinity; bereaved ("orphan"), i.e. parentless:--comfortless, fatherless.

This comfortless is different than the comforter: John 14:16 And I will pray the Father , and he shall give you another Comforter , that he may abide with you for ever ; 3875. parakletos
Search for G3875 in KJVSL
paraklhtoV parakletos par-ak'-lay-tos

an intercessor, consoler:--advocate, comforter.

This is the Holy Spirit, whom we have forever, our consoler, our teacher, our advocate teacher, The Comforter, not the Spirit of Christ that is now our life.

Even the Father abides in us also by presence of The Son. Jhn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

We now by birth have The Seed of the Father Jesus Christ, Who is now our nature and the Holy Spirit expression and expresser of all that Christ is. Just as Christ is the expressed Life of the Father, so also are we the express life of Christ in us the Hope of Glory.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/1/30 2:29Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
God was very careful to separate The Holy Spirit from the Spirit of Christ,

Romans 8:9 "But you are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Yet if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, He does not belong to Him."

Brother,

In Romans 8:9 The Apostle Paul identifies the Spirit of God as the Spirit of Christ. They are one and the Same. There are not Two Spirit's but one. The Spirit of God is the Spirit of Christ.

In the New Testament, the One Spirit is called, "The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of Jesus Christ, the Spirit of Jesus, The Spirit of Life, the Spirit of Holiness, the Life Giving Spirit, and just plain "the Spirit" in Galatians.

Why is the Spirit of God the Spirit of Christ? Because Christ is God.

IN John 7 we are told, "But this He spake of the Spirit which was not yet because Jesus had not yet been glorified".

The Spirit as the Spirit of God is Eternal. He was always present and always working. The Lord Jesus was concieved in the Virgin by the Holy Spirit. And He decended upon the Lord Jesus at His baptism for the initiation of His ministry.

But the Lord Jesus was always indwelt by the Holy Spirit. And the three of the Divine Trinity are never separate but are distinct. In God's economy, the three are seen distinctly but they are forever One in essense and co-inhere mutually indwelling one another.

The Spirit who was, "not yet" is the Spirit of Christ in resurrection. The Consummated Spirit of Christ who is all inclusive of God and Christ's glorified humanity haveing gone through the process of incarnation, human living, crucifixion and resurrection.

The One Spirit in the New Testament is the all inlusive Spirit of Christ consumated in Christ's resurrection to be the Life Giving Spirit with all the ingredients of Christ's humanity, His accomplishments and His resurrection.

In this One Spirit is the Triune God incarnated in Christ and consumated in His resurrection.

This corosponds with the Type of the Holy annointing Oil in Exodus which is made of a compound of Olive Oil and 4 spices. The Olive Oil signifies the Spirit of God and the 4 spices sisgnify Christ in His Humanity, death, resurrection, and the power of His resurrection.

In John 20:21 the Lord Jesus breathed on them saying, "recieve the Holy Spirit'. The Holy Breath of Christ, that is the Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit.

There are not two Spirit's but One Spirit and this one Spirit is all inclusive in the New Testament.

When we believe into Christ how many Spirits do we recieve? One. Ephesians tells us 'there is One body, One Spirit... and 1 Cor. 12:13 "For also in one Spirit we were all baptized into one Body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and were all given to drink one Spirit."

Yet in John 14 we are told that we recieve "the Spirit of Truth (Reality), And Christ said, I will come to you, And I and the Father will come to you. And in that day, "when the Spirit comes, you shall know that I am in My Father and My Father in in Me and I am in you.

We recieve One Spirit. Yet in this One Spirit we have The Spirit of Reality, We have Christ, and we have the Father. The One Spirit is all inclusive.

From "One Body, One Spirit":

IN GOD'S NEW TESTAMENT ECONOMY

The one Spirit is also the Spirit for the believers of Christ in God's New Testament economy. The Spirit was not yet before Jesus was glorified (John 7:39). The Spirit of God was there from the beginning (Gen. 1:1-2), but before the Lord Jesus was glorified in His resurrection (Luke 24:26), the Spirit as the Spirit of Christ (Rom. 8:9), the Spirit of Jesus Christ (Phil. 1:19), was not yet. Jesus was glorified in His resurrection, and through His resurrection He as the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit (1 Cor. 15:45b), that is, the Spirit. Today the Spirit is the all-inclusive Spirit of Jesus Christ as the living water for us to receive (John 7:38-39).

VI. THE ALL-INCLUSIVE SPIRIT

The one Spirit is now the all-inclusive Spirit, the compound Spirit (cf. Exo. 30:23-28), compounded with Christ's divinity, Christ's humanity, the effectiveness of Christ's death (Rom. 8:13b), and the power of Christ's resurrection (Phil. 3:10). The compound Spirit is also the anointing ointment to anoint us (2 Cor. 1:21-22; 1 John 2:20, 27) and the indwelling Spirit (Rom. 8:11). In the Old Testament, the Spirit of God never dwelt within anyone, but today He indwells every believer of Christ.

This all-inclusive Spirit is the life-giving Spirit (1 Cor. 15:45b; 2 Cor. 3:6b), the Spirit of life (Rom. 8:2), the Spirit of power (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:8), the Spirit of Jesus in His humanity with His suffering (Acts 16:7), the Spirit of Christ in His divinity with His resurrection (Rom. 8:9b), the Spirit of Jesus Christ in both His suffering and resurrection (Phil. 1:19b), and the Spirit of the Lord (2 Cor. 3:17-18) as the Lord Spirit in the transformation of the believers of Christ. Furthermore, the all-inclusive Spirit is the consummated Spirit—the Third of the consummated Triune God (Rev. 22:17; Matt. 28:19)—and the consummation of the processed and consummated Triune God (John 7:39; Rev. 22:17). Eventually, the all-inclusive Spirit is the totality of the processed and consummated Triune God. We need to study all of these points. We must learn to know the Spirit."

Graftedbranch

2006/1/31 10:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy