SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Peak Oil

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Chariot

Peak Oil

Not sure if this has been brought up before.
I've been looking into this thing called peak oil for some time and i'm convinced its on our doorstep.

Its a topic worth looking into because if peak oil is true, it could be a pivotal player in near future resource wars in the middle east - if it hasn't started already. The consequences of peak oil are not pretty.

I'm not trying to be a sensationalist and i'm not really into conspiracy theories but this stuff is worth checking out. A lot of athiest and scientist are shaking in their boots over this.

check out these sites if your interested in looking further:

www.wolfatthedoor.org.uk/

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/
"Civilization as we know it is coming to an end soon. This is not the wacky proclamation of a doomsday cult, apocalypse bible prophecy sect, or conspiracy theory society. Rather, it is the scientific conclusion of the best paid, most widely-respected geologists, physicists, and investment bankers in the world. These are rational, professional, conservative individuals who are absolutely terrified by a phenomenon known as global "Peak Oil."

in Him,
Rob

2006/1/13 17:14Profile

Re: Peak Oil

you might want to put the name "Matt Simmons" in a google box next to peak oil.

I believe we're at peak oil right now; which is why we trade 55-63 dollars a barrel, and 63 is just the begininng...watch for 120 a barrel. and yes, since the world's god is money, and money drinks oil, the repricing of this ever more scarce worldly life blood will be the cause of much bloodshed and horror.

Iran is key.

Just my "opinion"

May God bless you sir.

2006/1/13 17:38
Chariot

Re:

edit

2006/1/13 21:17Profile

Re:

Forget just Iran try Venezula. as well.

Both are 'anti=america'

It's just 'one' of the many signs to show this world is soon coming to a massive collision.

2006/1/14 0:24
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

... wow

Have an old book around here, that I don't think I ever finished reading, "Armageddon, Oil and the Middle East Crisis" by John F. Walvoord.

Frankly didn't retain all that much from it and a glance at the copyrights show (my copy being revised) 1974, 1976, 1990. Had read it after first coming to the Lord. Think I will have to give it a thorough read in light of all this. The author being credible it seems and now with some time elasped...

There is something very interesting only in the very, almost surreal way that the obvious is right before our eyes as much of that site points out, even the starkest of all, that somehow there was some magical quantity out there that would never be depleted in the first place.

2006/1/14 1:40Profile
Bomar

Re:

I saw this quote on the site:

Quote:
I will read your book. Even now, your website, with its wealth of links, has me convinced. I am sure that I am similar to many past and future readers. The world of (industrial, consumer) things in my surround instantly seemed less real. I had thought they were permanent; I now think they will dissapear.

I don't have the means to put into words the disbelief, panic and grief I've felt on the heels of this discovery. I must now quickly dispense with everything I had imagined for the future, and work for something astoundingly, wrenchingly different.

I thought it was so ironic - a man of the world, who is told with credible evidence that all of his dreams and pursuit would be brought to nothing, and he decides to make a "wrenchingly different" focus in life.

Haven't we known these same things so much longer than he? Isn't our source far more reliable than this? And yet, with these promises, so many are running headlong after the world, and all of its empty treasure chests.

2006/1/14 5:39Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Bomar,

Found similar sentiment through out, even from the author himself. Might mention this is in relation to the second link there; http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

Here is another;

"When asked if there is a solution to the impending natural gas crisis, Simmons responded:

[i]I don’t think there is one. The solution is to pray. Under the best of circumstances, if all prayers are answered there will be no crisis for maybe two years. After that it’s a certainty.[/i]"

Reading through the letters is quite an eye opener, giving a glimpse of what an unbeliever is faced with. In a sense this man is preaching half the equation and driving home the point in stark reality. We hold the greater half of the answer.

2006/1/14 9:05Profile
Chariot

Re:

editt

2006/1/14 21:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy