SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : abortion

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
luckyd

tx

abortion

I go to a catholic school. We are going to end up getting into a convorsation about abortion. What would be the best things to say. If i combined a story along with religion and how our life isnt ours but gods and such...please help me with what exactly to say if i wanted to give the best speach.

2006/1/10 21:34Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: abortion

luckyd,

I suggest you do a search on the web. There is a lot out there that can give you more then you want. Focus on the Family's website should have something...they print a lot of good pamphlets on abortion that you might find helpful. I found a couple sites that has some info:

http://www.brfwitness.org/Articles/1996v31n6.htm

http://lifedynamics.com/Index.cfm

http://www.mttu.com/main.htm

There are others...this is just to get you started.

You may also want to look for articles dealing with infanticide.

In my search, I found an article that was highly critical of the pro-life movement because in their opinion they were not concerned enough about the woman's soul. Let me tell you from first hand experience, we cared much for the woman's soul. (I worked as a volunteer at a CPC for 15 years). Unfortunately, most females do NOT want to repent..all they want is material assistance to make their lives more endurable.

If you have any more questions, you could email me privately or ask here on this forum. I am busy during the day and check only this site early in the morning or eveninng.

God Bless you as you do your research,
ginnyrose

2006/1/10 22:33Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Lucky D
remember also Jeremiah chapt 1. The Lord has shown me that among the countless millions who have been aborted were the Lord's apostles, prophets, teachers, preachers and evangelists. all these silenced before the could even say a word. Yet the Lord allowed it to be so. Lord have mercy us for sacrificing these ones for the sake of mammon.AMEN

2006/1/11 10:38Profile
mary0418

Re:

Hi,
Look, I don't mean to be argumentative-I just can't let this one go. Not every abortion has the slightest thing to do with mammon. I would even say that most don't really have anything to do with mammon. The reasons are so incredibly varied...
I am in no way condoning abortion- I just wish that people would be a little more careful with the "generalities" they are using.

Mary

2006/1/13 20:38Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Sis Mary
Most abortions have nothing to do with a danger to the mother's life or even rape. the vast majority have to do with the fact that having a child interferes with all the other things the mohter and father would like to do in life, making money, continued fornicating etc. Some of them are due to embarassment, or some other such selfish thing. The thing is, the child did not ask to be born and the Lord is not ignorant of what problems the parents and children will face and the fact that that child is there says to me the Lord has made ample provision. If we would be obedient to God and cease our fornicating there would be a huge drop in these so called "unwanted" pregnacies. however mow many of us a really willing to give up sex untill marriage?

The bottom line is the Lord is angry concerning these things and so many other things we do so we need to fall onour faces and REPENT, REPENT, REPENT OR DIE!!!

2006/1/16 12:49Profile
mary0418

Re:

Certainly- I said I am not condoning abortion.
But how in the world can you even attempt to say that all abortions are about mammon? That was the original question.
And of course the Lord is concerned about these things. Angry, even. But you honestly have no idea what each persons situation is. And of course women who have had abortions need to repent- but again, how do you say that just because it wasn't from rape or danger to the mothers life doesn't mean it had ANYTHING to do with mammon?

I get so entirely frustrated with people who just want to nag at girls about abortion. How are you going to help anyone that way? Not every one is obedient to God- or has had a good example on how to obey God or what it really means to obey God. This has certainly been a HUGE and COLOSSAL
failure from the Church. Making laws forcing girls not to have one instead of reaching out to them in love and offering other options- offering real help and real love, not just laws.

That is why Christianity seemed like nothing I wanted anything to do with until I was 32 years old. So many rules! So many laws! So much confusion! It wasn't until I read the Bible and my Jesus showed Himself to me that I came to know what it is to be a Christian.

Reaching out to others in love is what the Lord would have us do-then will we find that hearts can be changed and Glory can be given to the Father.

You know, I really think it is time we spend some of this energy we have spent fighting the women and for the rights of the unborn and reach out in love to the girls- point them to the Lord and let Him change their hearts forever.

2006/1/16 15:02Profile

Houston, Tx

Re: abortion

This is a really good website i found that is about abortion.

http://www.lifeandlibertyministries.com/

I hope this helps you.

Brother, Eloy

2006/1/16 15:33Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Sis Mary
i led you to believe that i thought all abortions were for the sake of mammmon which was my mistake and i ask you forgiveness in that regard.mammon however does not only refer to riches but other worldly gains.in the second post i sought to clear that up by bringing up other reasons for abortion you're right i don't know what every person's situation is but i do know that the Lord is not ignorant of any person's situaton and has made ample provision for it.i know also that it is not often we seek the Lord's counsel when we get into a jam but the tendancy is to rely on our own understanding.

Quote:
I get so entirely frustrated with people who just want to nag at girls about abortion. How are you going to help anyone that way? Not every one is obedient to God- or has had a good example on how to obey God or what it really means to obey God. This has certainly been a HUGE and COLOSSAL

indeed my dear sister we have so failed our children and brothers and sisters by not instructing them in Godly ways and also in us not conducting ourselves as such. We should raise our children in the sound teaching of God. The Lord forbids fornication not simply because of having children outside of marriage but because it defiles the Lord's temple. If we would instill this in our children abortion would hardly be an issue. i agree we should reach out in love to our sisters and children first by teaching them sound doctrine, if they don't follow it we must forgive and assist as the Lord leads. if loving doesn't include proper instruction then that ceases to be love.

may the Lord have mercy on us all for our foolishnesses.AMEN

2006/1/16 16:07Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Mary,

Why the anger? Have you had an abortion?
EDIT: I apologize: I should not have asked this question. Please forgive me.

ginnyrose

2006/1/17 16:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy