Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : humor anyone

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

humor anyone

Chuckles You Can Tell in Church!

Attending a wedding for the first time, a little girl whispered to her mother, "Why is the bride dressed in
white?" "Because white is the color of happiness, and today is the happiest day of her life." The child
thought about this for a moment, then said, "So why is the groom wearing black?"

###############

A little girl, dressed in her Sunday best, was running as fast as she could, trying not to be late for Bible
class. As she ran she prayed, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late! Dear Lord, please don't let me
be late!" While she was running and praying, she tripped on a curb and fell, getting her clothes dirty and
tearing her dress. She got up, brushed herself off, and started running again. As she ran, she once again
began to pray, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late... But please, don't shove me either!"

###############

Three boys are in the school yard bragging about their fathers. The first boy says, "My Dad scribbles a
few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a poem, they give him $50." The second boy says, "That's
nothing My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a song, they give him $100." The
third boy says, "I got you both beat. My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a
sermon, and it takes eight people to collect all the money!"

###############

An elderly woman died last month. Having never married, she requested no male pallbearers. In her
handwritten instructions for her memorial service, she wrote, "They wouldn't take me out while I was
alive, I don't want them to take me out when I'm dead.

###############

A police recruit was asked during the exam, "What would you do if you had to arrest your own mother?"
He said, "Call for backup."

############### A Sunday School teacher asked her class why Joseph and Mary took Jesus with
them to Jerusalem. A small child replied: "They couldn't get a babysitter."

###############

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds. After
explaining the commandment to "honor thy father and thy mother," she asked "Is there a commandment
that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?" Without missing a beat, one little boy answered,
"Thou shall not kill."

###############

At Sunday School they were teaching how God created everything, including human beings. Little
Johnny seemed especially intent when they told him how Eve was created out of one of Adam's ribs.
Later in the week his mother noticed him lying down as though he were ill, and said, "Johnny, what is the
matter?" Little Johnny responded, "I have pain in my side. I think I'm going to have a wife."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006/1/9 18:43Profile
moreofHim

Re: humor anyone

Mike,

thanks. These are very cute. I love the last one! :-)

In Him, Chanin

2006/1/9 21:01Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: humor anyone

Here is one I like. I got this in my email this morning. It is not new, but funny still...IMHO.

ginnyrose

Florida Love Story

This is a story of two elderly people living in a mobile home park in Florida. He was a widower and she was a widow. They had known one another for a number of years. One evening there was a community supper in the Club House, and the widower and widow made a foursome with two other singles.

They had a wonderful evening and spirits were high. The widower sent a few admiring glances across the table, and the widow smiled coyly back at him. Finally, he plucked up his courage to ask her, " Will you marry me? " After about six seconds of careful consideration, she answered, "Yes. Yes, I will. " The meal ended with a few more pleasant exchanges and they went to their respective homes. The next morning, the widower was troubled. Did she say 'Yes' or did she say 'No'? He couldn't remember. Try as he would, he just could not recall. He went over the conversation of the previous evening, but his mind was blank. He remembered asking the question, but for the life of him he could not recall her response. With fear and trepidation, he picked up the phone and called her. First, he explained that he didn't remember as well as he used to. Then he reviewed the lovely evening past. As he gained a little more courage he then inquired of her, " When I asked if you would marry me, did you say 'Yes' or did you say 'No'? "

" Why, you silly man, I said 'Yes. Yes I will.' And I meant it with all my heart. "

The widower was delighted. He felt his heart skip a beat. Then she continued, " And I am so glad you called because I couldn't
remember who asked me. "

2006/1/10 8:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy