SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Soul-Million

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Soul-Million

http://www.soulmillionaire.org/speakers.html

Huge conferance. Big names, Tons of people. Only 1,600 people are allowed to go to this huge conferance in Florida (my state)

Just curious on everyone's 2 cents. I don't see any 'vison' or 'goals' for the event.

Hmm, it might be the 'billion soul intitative'.
Seen [url=http://www.gpn.tv/]here[/url] and [url=http://www.billionsoul.org/]here[/url]

Different denominations. One mind: To see people coming into the Kingdom of God. ...Specifically, 1 billion people.

2006/1/8 15:38
5nva

Re: Soul-Million

Here is a quote from the Website. I don't know this man but the quote did not sit well. I wonder where this converts are. 40,000,000 is about 1/6th of the US population. I realize this number could be world wide. I just wonder if these people were really converted. I remember what Ravenhill said about one minute conversions when comparing it to the birth of a Giraff.

(Quote) Reinhard Bonnke has witnessed more than 40,000,000 people make first-time decisions for Christ since 2000, and will bring a powerful message entitled, “Becoming a Soul-Millionaire for Christ.”

Based on some of the speakers listed on the site I don't think I would suggest that anyone go. It looks more like a church growth conference to me.

Interesting that John Bevere is one of the speakers.

Just my initial thoughts.

Mike

2006/1/8 21:28Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
first-time decisions

This is typical modern jargon. I makes me sick. I've heard many use this before. It implies that most people make more than one "decision" in there life to follow Christ. Most only make a mental decision, instead of being spiritually birthed. You can change a decision, it is a little more difficult to change a birth.

Here is the progression- decide to follow Christ, a preacher tells them they are saved, decide not to follow Christ, the preacher still tells them they are saved because they prayed a prayer.

Here is the biblical progression- born again (your heart is radically changed- you love righteousness), you never look back.

2006/1/9 9:20Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Reinhard Bonke is a missionary to Africa. I believe those figures are mostly African. Just be careful about bringing the hammer down so harshly upon men like this. God be praised that Bonke is even preaching the gospel in Africa, and his meetings do draw millions upon millions of people consistently. Africa is a very hungry place. Let's not judge whether those decisions were genuine or not, the Lord knows the heart.

If we can't prove that someone is doing wrong let's not assume. Love hopes all things. Let's assume the best rather than the worst until we know more fully. Praise the Lord for so many people turning to the Lord Jesus!

2006/1/9 12:21Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I wasn't coming down on him. They comment may have not been to me, I don't know. I was just talking in general. I watched an awesome video by him.. I think it was called "Raised from the dead" or something like that. It was a man that was raised from the dead over there. Parts of it was on tape! They had a death certificate and everything. They had film of people praying and the man slowly start breathing! And the man (was dead) was in the video to tell about it!

2006/1/9 12:30Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

If you do a search on "Bonke raised from the dead" you will find some info on it. Actually Bonke didn't pray for the man. It was just locals. They brought the dead man to the meeting and put him in a room and they all prayed. They beleived that when he preached the annointing would raise him from the dead.

2006/1/9 12:35Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Yeah, I've read an article written by the man. Powerful stuff, especially about when he talks about hell and living holy, etc. Nothing is impossible with God!

2006/1/9 13:20Profile

Re:

I think it's (soul-million) a good step for the body of Christ.

Is it a great step? I don't know. I hope so.

Each person has made a mark (small or big) on society in their circle of influence. I hope God moves within the circle of joined hands of these great ministers of His work and that they Hold Fast to the Lord and His Love.

2006/1/9 14:03
DesiJr

Re: Are we taking over the Spirits Job?

Salvation is not for the TAKING is for RECEIVING
Genesis 3:22,23
22....lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

23Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Here we see that God knowing that since Adam & Eve already became wise by their own power by TAKING from the tree of knowledge he said......lets get them out of paradise before they TAKE from the tree of life. Verse 23 begins...THEREFORE the LORD sent them out.

So we see they were sent out so that they would not TAKE from the tree of Eternal Life.

This is so important. Just like in John chapter 6, i am the bread of life who was GIVEN to us by the Father. We can't just by our own will TAKE salvation. We must receive it. The word says, I CHOSE you, you did not CHOOSE me. In John 17 Jesus uses the word give or variations of the word GIVE 18 times.

In John 10 the Lord tells us he is the true gate, and anyone who comes in any other way is a THIEF AND A ROBBER. Why because they are trying to TAKE salvation.

In John chapter 1 says it best:

12But as many as RECEIVED him, to them GAVE the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

First thing we note is that Christians RECEIVE God.
Not by our blood (not because we were born into a Christian family), not by the will of flesh (or because we are chosing God), or not by the will of man (because some pastor urges us or coerses us to the alter; "repeat after me" salvation) but by the will of God.

So we see we were sent out of Paradise not so much as a punishment, but more out of Grace to protect us from TAKING salvation just as the Multitudes wanted to TAKE Jesus as their King in John 6. But instead we are to RECEIVE salvation only after we have been called by the Spirit of God to surrender completely to him.

It's not man's job to bring salvation, we are just messengers. The Spirit brings us conviction which leads us to a Godly sorrow which leads us to Salvation.

So going around proclaiming people as SAVED is wrong. That is the Spirits job!

Amen.
Desi, Jr.

2006/1/9 14:17Profile

Re: Soul-Million re Desi Jr

I enjoyed your post. Thank you for the exposition. :-)

2006/1/10 13:59

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy