SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Request for prayer...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Request for prayer...

Hello...!

Recently, I learned of two individuals that are suffering from cancer.

One is a woman name Irma Cruz. She attends a Church that I used to be a part of. She is a wonderful woman with a lovely family -- all in love with the Lord. She has been diagnosed as a "category 4" patient (worst case) with cancer that has spread throughout her body. The doctors have almost given up hope. Please pray that Irma's hope and faith remain undisturbed through this. Please also remember to pray for her husband and children.

Also, there is a young husband named Manny Brown who was diagnosed with cancer. The doctors have given very little hope in this situation as well. I do not know him or the extent of his relationship with God, but I do know that his young wife (Angela) really loves God. Please pray for Manny and Angela, as well as their families.

Thank you for your prayers! We know that God indeed can work miracles!

:-)

2006/1/4 0:30Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Request for prayer...

Hello...

I received an urgent call on my cellphone this evening requesting prayer for Irma Cantu. She had surgery to remove some blockage in her intestines, but it seems that the cancer has advanced much more rapidly than expected. As a result, Irma may not leave the hospital again.

Her family and friends are requesting urgent prayer. I was asked if I could contact people online asking for prayer. Please remember her and her family in your prayers. If possible, please spread this call for prayer elsewhere.

Irma has a very Godly loving husband and children that need and adore their mother. Thank you!

2006/2/27 22:33Profile

Re:

These two stories are so very sad for the families.

Two of my best friends husbands died and we can only figure that the Lord knew they couldn't bear what was coming.

But at their ends, they both had such a peace, and one wasn't as close to the Lord as he should have been, prior to the diagnosis that he was dying. But they both were like half in Heaven and half on earth toward the end and the Lord was very much with them in that sense.

We pray God's Will always in these cases.
And pray for strength for all.
Much strength to their families and provision of grace and a peace to those afflicted.

Thank you for bringing these here.

2006/2/28 3:43

Re:What Cancer Can't Do ~

Someone sent me this Chris and I tho't you may appreciate for your friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What Cancer Can't Do ~

'There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body' (1 Corinthians 15:44)

One of the most dreaded sentences a patient might hear is 'You have cancer'. These words bring a chill to the heart. Although great progress has been made in treating cancer, recovery can be long and painful, and some people do not survive.

An enthusiastic believer in Christ, Dan Richardson, lost his battle with cancer. But his life demonstrated that even though the physical body may be destroyed by disease, the spirit can remain triumphant.
This poem was distributed at his memorial service:

Cancer is so limited...

It cannot cripple love,
It cannot shatter hope,
It cannot corrode faith,
It cannot eat away peace,
It cannot destroy confidence,
It cannot kill friendship,
It cannot shut out memories,
It cannot silence courage,
It cannot invade the soul,
It cannot reduce eternal life,
It cannot quench the Spirit,
It cannot lessen the power of the Resurrection.

If an incurable disease has invaded your life, refuse to let it touch your spirit. Your body can be severely afflicted, and you may have a great struggle. But if you keep trusting God's love, your spirit will remain strong. - David Egner

Why must I bear this pain? I cannot tell;
I only know my Lord does all things well.
And so I trust in God, my All in all,
For he will bring me through, whate'er befall. ~ Smith.

Our greatest enemy is not disease, but despair.

2006/2/28 19:34
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Thank you, Annie. I will pass this on to Irma.

2006/3/1 0:37Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

Thank you to all of you that were praying for Irma Cruz. Irma passed away on Thursday, March 16th. The funeral services are actually being held today (03/20). She leaves behind a wonderful husband and three young children. Please continue to hold Irma's family in prayer.

http://obits.caller.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewobit&ID=43283

2006/3/20 12:29Profile

Re: Prayer request

Thank you for updating us with this news, Chris. It is always sad to hear of young children being left without a parent, and their father without a wife. I will be praying for them.

2006/3/20 12:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy