SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Paul Ravenhill: A new year?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
brentw

Ohio

Paul Ravenhill: A new year?

Is it a New Year?
by Paul Ravenhill

I was impressed as the old year ended with the irony of man's attitude toward time. To think of man without God, bound in the emptiness of his own darkness and menaced by the fleeting years which swiftly and surely bear his life away... to think of such a man..."celebrating" the passing of time - rejoicing in the passing away of his only resource, blind to his only hope, seems a master-stroke of the enemy's deceit.

How dark is the darkness of those who have never seen the light and how great the responsibility of those who have! I think of the prophet, under the illumination of the Holy Spirit, crying out "Earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the Lord." With what tremendous yearning does God call to His Poor, lost, blind and wounded creation. With what intensity does He proclaim to them the word of their deliverance, calling upon them with thrice repeated emphasis that the dust of their earth may hear His voice and live again.

I am sure we would find more of God if we could change the emphasis in our lives upon spiritual capability (as it is generally thought of) and put the emphasis in our lives upon spiritual sensitivity and the knowledge of His will and ways.

May we find within ourselves in this year the echo of His cry - that first this earth which we are may hear His voice and the waste places be quickened by its creative power to spring forth and blossom in life. May we walk in the sure path of His Word and go on from faith to faith, victory to victory and glory to glory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COPYRIGHT/REPRODUCTION LIMITATIONS:
This data file is the sole property of Paul Ravenhill. It may not be altered or edited in any way. It may be reproduced only in its entirety for circulation as "freeware," without charge. All reproductions of this data file must contain the copyright notice (i.e., "Copyright (C)1997 by Paul Ravenhill, Lindale, Texas"). This data file may not be used without the permission of Paul Ravenhill for resale or the enhancement of any other product sold. This includes all of its content with the exception of a few brief quotations. Please give the following source credit: Copyright (C)1997 by Paul Ravenhill, Lindale, Texas - http://www.ravenhill.org/

2006/1/3 17:12Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Paul Ravenhill: A new year?

Quote:
fleeting years which swiftly and surely bear his life away... to think of such a man..."celebrating" the passing of time - rejoicing in the passing away of his only resource, blind to his only hope, seems a master-stroke of the enemy's deceit.

This is some very heavy writing that carry weight with it that we need to measure. As one persons signature on this website stated that "time outside of christ is like a devouring beast." I believe the need of the hour could be simply: "STOP" and "know that I am Lord".

2006/1/3 22:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy