SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Prove Christ exists, judge orders priest

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Prove Christ exists, judge orders priest

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

AN ITALIAN judge has ordered a priest to appear in court this month to prove that Jesus Christ existed.
The case against Father Enrico Righi has been brought in the town of Viterbo, north of Rome, by Luigi Cascioli, a retired agronomist who once studied for the priesthood but later became a militant atheist.

Signor Cascioli, author of a book called The Fable of Christ, began legal proceedings against Father Righi three years ago after the priest denounced Signor Cascioli in the parish newsletter for questioning Christ’s historical existence.

Yesterday Gaetano Mautone, a judge in Viterbo, set a preliminary hearing for the end of this month and ordered Father Righi to appear. The judge had earlier refused to take up the case, but was overruled last month by the Court of Appeal, which agreed that Signor Cascioli had a reasonable case for his accusation that Father Righi was “abusing popular credulity”.

2006/1/3 16:42Profile
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re: Prove Christ exists, judge orders priest

I hope this priest knows Christ and the One true God. It won't be the first time a court in Italy puts Christ on trial.
May God get the glory!

"Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
Let Your glory be above all the earth."
-Psalm 57:5

2006/1/3 17:03Profile

Re:

At first I was going into the Child state and say 'Prove that you have a Brain, i can't see it'.

But more scientifically you could say, 'Prove me Julis Ceasar or Leonardo Da Vinci'.

And then use that as a stepping stone.

Blessings.

2006/1/7 23:02

Re:

Quote:
it won't be the first time a court in Italy

When and what were the other times?

2006/1/7 23:26

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy