SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How far can we enter in God's presence?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Kingfavor

KENYA

How far can we enter in God's presence?

I admire really to live in God's presence. I have experienced great change in my being when the Spirit of God overwhelms my life. But I still need to go deeper en deeper to his very presence until am no more. How far can I really go in his very presence?

2006/1/3 3:27Profile
roadsign

Re: How far can we enter in God's presence?

Welcome to SI, Kingfavor! You sure have asked a good question.

I think of a flower opening to the sun. How much sun can that flower endure? Only enough to keep it healthy. Too much will scorch and kill it.

Likewise, how much of God can we endure? God's presence is holy, and any unholiness in his presence is consumed with "fire". There was a reason Moses was apprehensive about getting close to the burning bush. He understood the holiness of God, and he also understood his own sinfulness.

I do not believe that God has changed. We too need to strive towards purity and holiness. We are reminded of this several times in scripture. Scritpure also teaches us what God expects of us - what he means by "holiness".

There is a verse: "Draw near to him and he will draw near to you." God doesn't need to move. We do. We draw near to him when we humble ourselves before him and seek cleansing of sins.

I think that many who talk about experiencing God (or the Spirit) and say that are "entering God's presence", are really experiencing something emotional though their music, or whatever. It is important to learn to discern the difference between God's presence, and deception about God's presence.

Keep on searching, my friend. It is wonderful that you desire to dwell in God's presence. There can be no better place!!!

Let God reveal answers through his word and Spirit. As you keep your eyes on him you will not be tossed about by convincing, but false teachings. Spend much time alone with God, and his word, seeking his kingdom, and seeking understanding. That is the best way to get to know God.

Perhaps a study of Hebrews would be inspiring to you. Heb. 10:19 says, Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to ENTER the Most Holy Place..... "
A good question to ask: What gives us the confidence to enter..."

God bless you!!!! Diane

2006/1/3 8:13Profile
CyberCarbon

God Bless all of our brothers and sisters in Kenya and all of Africa.
No one can say the limit is always in us. People have fainted because they were overwhelmed. Others could not speak or move for hours, some may not be able to enter the area where God has decided to reveal Himself.
Seeking Him is the goal always, Prayer, fasting, holiness, reading and studying the Word of God, teaching and sharing with others, it all plays a part in knowing God.

2006/1/3 10:23Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

That's one of my prayers is a greater revelation of Jesus! I pray He will reveal himself to you in a powerful way this year.

Look what happened to Isaiah when this occurred:

Isa 6:5 Then said I, Woe [is] me! for I am undone; because I [am] a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

You see this pattern happen many times in the scriptures when they saw God they had a very clear view of their sin and then as God deals with it look what happens in verse 8...

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here [am] I; send me.

2006/1/3 11:27Profile

Quote:
You see this pattern happen many times in the scriptures when they saw God they had a very clear view of their sin and then [as] God deals with it

These days, the revelation is of the blood of the Lamb. This is what cleanses sin from your soul, and makes you fit to rest in His presence. As long as you are willing to be washed 'throughly', there is no barrier to His holy presence.... but it is not a place of words.... more a place of communing.

2006/1/3 13:03
rookie

Savannah TN

By the power of the blood, brother you will come to know everything that is promised.

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
For they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/1/5 15:25Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Not Enough

10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

I feel that I have not entered gods presence enough!!! These verses scare me I guess my life is not living up to being righteous at all. I am such a scardy cat it is only god who gives me the courage. I find that I always have excuses for not praying.
I wish I lived a life that was righteous, the word persecution gives me shivers down my back, I cant handle ordinary life. I know with Jesus I can handle anything. This is one I guess of my fears is that living a righteouss life we will get persecuted. I just need to know that God will bring me through it.

2006/1/5 18:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy