Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Quotes and more quotes

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
abbiegrrl

In a desert...Central Indiana at the moment

Quotes and more quotes

Hi;
I'm not sure where I should post this, so I'm hoping it will be placed appropriately (if this isn't the place)!
i'm listening and looking around, and someone pointed out recently that the "cross" and the "fish" are SO worn out, the remark was, "When was the last time these sparked a conversation?" now, granted, I'm hoping that my LIFE is going to remove any doubt that I am for the Lord, but there are times when a kind of silent witness comes in handy, too. My Pastors son was preaching, in fact and he said something about wishing there was something that wasn't a reminder of the DEATH, ro something. I remember ppl talking about not wearing an electric chair around their necks.... but I digress.
here's the deal; I've found something that might just work, and I'm looking for some hard-hitting Revivalist-type quotations, to go with the design that I've been given.
Here's the site, and I really want some feed-back, brutal honesty, please---do you think this is good? Is it going to give Him the glory, as is my hope? http://cafepress.com/StoneRollers/
(I apologise if there is a rule about posting links, I haven't seen one)
So, I know the quotes are small, but I'm working on the sizing.
I've got things from Moody, Finney, Tozer, Matthew Henry, and others coming up. BUT, I'm hopng that someone can recommend somewhere that has just QUOTES?
I'm so OVER all the smarmy cutesy things "Christians" are wearing. My hope is that we will be albe to have something that is thought and SPIRIT provoking.....
Anyway, enough talk from me. Please tell me what u think. And be blessed.
Thanks
abbie

2006/1/2 1:16Profile
Strick

Re: Quotes and more quotes

Yes, I like your designs. But does the website force you to have the tabbed links at the top right? If you click on one, you may see some shirts you won't like.

2006/1/2 11:06Profile
groh_frog

Re:

Actually, I wouldn't mind a t-shirt with Ravenhill's tombstone on the front, pasted backwards. I could wear it to bed every night, and wake up to look in the mirror and read "Are the things you are living for worth Christ dying for?"

Grace and Peace...

2006/1/2 11:57Profile
groh_frog

Just curious, but:

Quote:

abbiegrrl wrote:

My Pastors son was preaching, in fact and he said something about wishing there was something that wasn't a reminder of the DEATH, ro something. I remember ppl talking about not wearing an electric chair around their necks.... but I digress.

What exactly did he mean by that? I believe that the fact that we all die someday is one of the most powerful things to push a person to consider eternity in regards to evengelism, and also as a reminder to the christian of the sacrifice that's been made for them. If you avoid the topic of death- mainly the fact that we die, and the fact that our savior died for us, you're not left with much.

Grace and Peace...

2006/1/2 12:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
What exactly did he mean by that? I believe that the fact that we all die someday is one of the most powerful things to push a person to consider eternity in regards to evengelism, and also as a reminder to the christian of the sacrifice that's been made for them. If you avoid the topic of death- mainly the fact that we die, and the fact that our savior died for us, you're not left with much.

Could not agree more wholeheartedly brother, if we were more attunded and inserted this into our everyday lives... Am actually working on a 'book' centered on just this, the quotes are just that I am unsure if it will ever become a reality.

2006/1/2 14:01Profile
CyberCarbon

Ideas:

If you were on trail for being a Christian is there enough evidence for a
conviction.

There are no exits from hell (Ravenhill)
Jesus did not come to make bad men good, but to
make dead men live. (Ravenhill)
If God's judgment does not fall on the United
States, He will owe Sodom and Gomorra an apology.
( J. Vernon McGee, and many others)

You are not betting your life, you are betting all of eternity.
Only the fool says there is no God

2006/1/2 18:22Profile
groh_frog

Re:

Quote:

CyberCarbon wrote:

If God's judgment does not fall on the United
States, He will owe Sodom and Gomorra an apology.

Definitely a conversation starter on the front of a t-shirt. ;-)

Grace and Peace...

2006/1/2 18:51Profile
abbiegrrl

In a desert...Central Indiana at the moment

Quotes & comments

THANKS everyone for the ideas, I love the quotes, and the remarks.
I think what was meant at church re: the cross, & fish....was (if I heard him right) not to downplay the monumental significance of the events on the cross, by any means. God forbid! I didn't mean to imply that! I think it meant, that we might stress, more, the RISEN Savior, and the new LIFE that will be ours, on that glorious day when He returns.
I don't know how to explain it better than that. I hope that makes sense ? :-)

Thanks again for the input.
And I liked thte thougth of Ravenhill's tombstone. that IS a great inscription, isn't it?!! I loved the bumpersticker with that quote on it.
Blessings
abbie

2006/1/3 1:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy