SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Children Killing Children in Uganda

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Children Killing Children in Uganda

I tried reading this article in the January issue of "Christianity Today" magazine. It was so bad, so tragic it just about made me puke! I found it online and here is the link:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2006/001/18.30.html

Thought you all may find it informative.

ginnyrose

EDIT: warning: it is graphic!

2006/1/1 19:59Profile
suzy

Devon, England

Re: Children Killing Children in Uganda

Ginnyrose

I did not read the article because I didn't want to, but I know all about it. The LRA have been fighting the Ugandan Government for nearly 18 years, and known for its brutality to children and adults and it is horrendous. They are totally devilish. The LRA is not just in Uganda, but seems to cross borders into Southern Sudan and Congo (places where there have been / still are conflicts).

One of my sons works in Africa (in missions) and has visited this wild part of Uganda several times and has interviewed many of the children who have escaped from the LRA. He never speaks about it, but he has heard some horrific tales from these children.

I found the following on Wikipedia which gives links to the BBC and other pages.

"On 30 November 2005 LRA deputy commander, Vincent Otti, contacted BBC announcing a renewed desire among the LRA leadership to hold peace talks with the Ugandan government. The government was sceptical regarding the overture but remained open to peaceful resolution of the conflict."

"Attack between Juba and Yei (31 October 2005)
A group of LRA soldiers ambushed a team of humanitarian de-miners (from FSD). Two de-miners were killed, one Iraqi and one Sudanese. This follows a previous abduction of an FSD survey team on 13 September (in which the LRA did not kill anyone). OLS and UN Security gave a travel warning to all UN and non-UN agencies on 1 November 2005. The LRA has since declared that it is deliberately targeting NGOs and especially international staff members."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Resistance_Army

Praise God there are Christians working in this area and helping the children and others who have escaped. We need to remember them in prayer, and for the LRA to be defeated completely, so that the locals can get on with their lives.

Sue

2006/1/2 17:58Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Suzy,
Your comments confirm the articles' story. It rivals anything I have ever heard and I thought I had heard it all! The level of brutality exceeds any thing I have ever read in history. And it is going on still...

ginnyrose

2006/1/3 1:59Profile
SeanHobson

Cleveland, OH

Re:

Shall not the judge of the earth do right?

If i had not faith in God, I would vow to kill such a man. But nay rather, now God shall avenge the blood of his people.

2006/1/3 8:54Profile
groh_frog

Re:

Quote:
Kony, 41, envisions an Acholiland ruled by a warped interpretation of the Ten Commandments. He uses passages from the Pentateuch to justify mutilation and murder. He promotes a demonic spirituality crafted from an eclectic mix of Christianity, Islam, and African witchcraft.

How do you say it? Here's your sign...

Grace and Peace...

2006/1/3 14:49Profile
markitats

Springdale AR

Re: Children Killing Children in Uganda

I recently attented the Passion 06 Conference and I got to see The Invisible Children movie about aducted children in war-torn Uganda. For more info on the movie, go to invisiblechildren.com, be blessed!

2006/1/7 8:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy