SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : When the Fire Fell - Ireland 1859. God came to a whole school!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Laineye

belfast, Nothern Ireland

When the Fire Fell - Ireland 1859. God came to a whole school!

I know its probably been posted before but the following account of the Spirit of God moving through a school in ireland in the 1859 revival has just stirred me so much the past day or two that I pray the same blessing upon all who read it

Quote:
One day the school master observed a boy so troubled that he was quite unfit for lessons. He kindly sent him home in the company of an older boy who had already found peace. As the two lads went on their way they saw an empty house and went in for prayer. While they knelt the painful burden lifted from the boy's heart. He sprang to his feet in a transport of joy. Returning to the school, he ran to the master and with a beaming face, cried out, "Oh, I am so happy! I have the Lord Jesus in my heart." The effect of these artless words was very great. Boy after boy rose and silently left the room. In a little while the master followed and discovered the boys ranged alongside the wall of the playground, everyone apart on his knee! "Very soon their silent prayer became a bitter cry. It was heard by those within and pierced their hearts. They cast themselves upon their knees, and their cry for mercy was heard in the girls' schoolroom above. In a few moments the whole school was upon its knees, and its wail of distress was heard in the street. Neighbours and passers-by came flocking in, and, as they crossed the threshold, came under the same convicting power. Every room was filled with men, women, and children seeking God. The ministers of the town and men of prayer were sent for, and the whole day was spent in directing these mourners to the Lord Jesus. That school proved for many the house of God and the very gate of heaven.

It does make you cry out that we would allow God to make in us and our day the same conditions that would produce such conviction in the hearts of those outside of Christ..... Oh God do it again.....

2005/12/28 19:34Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: When the Fire Fell - Ireland 1859. God came to a whole school!

Shivers!

Thank you sister... and to think it started with a burden in a young man's heart. Remarkable.

Quote:
It does make you cry out that we would allow God to make in us and our day the same conditions that would produce such conviction in the hearts of those outside of Christ..... Oh God do it again.....

Amen!

2005/12/28 19:41Profile
Laineye

belfast, Nothern Ireland

Re: The mercy of God

I must confess (and to my shame)the burden of/for revival and the revelation of God to a lost world is so much more HIS desire than mine. I have of late being feeling tired and have not been crying out to God and for revival as before.

In His mercy, reading that testimony of revival in Ireland in 1859 has really begun to stir me again..... revival and the desire for it really does come from God alone - but would to God that I would prepare my heart just to be in the smallest way part of the Spirit's moving in these days...

2005/12/28 19:57Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: When the Fire Fell - Ireland 1859. God came to a whole school!

Laineye,

Thanks for posting this....I can only imagine what something like this would be like....

ginnyrose

2006/1/4 20:30Profile
Willo

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re:

wow! all I can say is WOW!

2006/1/5 10:08Profile
Laineye

belfast, Nothern Ireland

Re:

Quote:
Thanks for posting this....I can only imagine what something like this would be like....

Its powerful isn't it - I can't even imagine but I know like you that I pray God would grant His grace in placing that burden of revival upon us again......

2006/1/5 12:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy