SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : For a friend's corrected focus to be on living for Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
groh_frog

For a friend's corrected focus to be on living for Christ

I've got a friend that I only met a few weeks ago, but quickly became friends with. He's serving a year long contract outside of the U.S., with very few real Christians around him.

Within the last couple of years, his wife left him for another man (24 yr. marriage), he lost his job, and fought through cancer. He's now in a semi-depressed state, and asking why God isn't doing more for him.

He knows the Gospel, but came from a pentacostal background, and has more of a "Lord, help me have a better job, a better life" attitude in his own prayer.

Well, I've been talking with him for a couple of weeks, and I want to burn "The Revival Hymn" and "Ten Shekels and a Shirt" onto a CD for him to listen to and contemplate.

Lord, open his ears. Help him to lose himself to serve you alone. Take his yoke from him by transforming him to serve you alone. As he listenes to those sermons, open his heart and show him what a life you offer when it's not of himself, but of you. Amen.

Grace and Peace...

2005/12/25 17:33Profile
groh_frog

Re: For a friend's corrected focus to be on living for Christ

I need to say also that although he's still sore from his losses, he's focused on the things of this world, and I pray that he could have so much more. I don't want to twist the knife, but he needs to know that there's a real faith when he has a heavenward focus.

Grace and Peace...

2005/12/25 17:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy