Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Any hope for America

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
brentw

Ohio

Any hope for America

Is America beyond hope? Is God done with America? Has she crossed the saftey line?

2005/12/21 16:55Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: Any hope for America

These are just my personal opinions. :-D

Is America as a country beyond hope? I believe that judgement is coming but in the midst of this God will offer repentance to those who will truly follow Him.

Is God done with America? I'm not sure what you mean by "done?" Assuming that you mean is God finished using America to reach the world for Jesus, I think the answer is yes and has been for some time, we just can't see well enough to discern it.

God is moving in many parts of the world but in the Western world, there is no discernible move of God. I pray that changes and that a wake-up call for repentance would resound through the land.

Has she crossed the safety line? Yes, but again it's been a long time ago. I'm not sure that America was ever a Christian nation, but it certainly isn't now. Two of our primary exports are entertainment of all kinds and arms. Assuming there ever was a safety line, it's certainly been destroyed by our rebellion.

Just my take on this, for what that's worth...

2005/12/21 18:45Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

I recomend listening to this sermon [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4995]Americas Only Hope [/url] by Keith Daniel. We find that Americas only hope is if God's people get on their nees and pray in faith.

2005/12/21 19:41Profile
dullrainbow

Iowa U.S.

A.W.Tozer had something to say about this subject in his sermon, "The New Year as God Sees It."
This sermon can be found by clicking on the Audio Sermons link to the left and when the page loads scroll down just a bit.
This was preached in 1961 I believe, and the audio is good.

2005/12/21 19:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
A.W.Tozer had something to say about this subject in his sermon, "The New Year as God Sees It."
This sermon can be found by clicking on the Audio Sermons link to the left and when the page loads scroll down just a bit.

Here is a link to that sermon by Tozer you are mentioning:
The New Year as God Sees It.

Quote:
Is America beyond hope? Is God done with America? Has she crossed the saftey line?

This is a very good question brother. It's one that is hard to swallow or try to put our minds around. I believe it we look plainly at the situation in North America the church is so far from the New Testament orginally its saddening. I just heard a sermon of Ravenhill saying that the difference between apostolic christianity and our modern day christianity is like an grand canyon apart.

I still don't believe that America is beyond hope. It's a hard thing to believe but God can restore and change Christianity. Sadly many are thinking this is going to take a huge sad crisis such as persecution of Christians or something abominable. But I believe as Ravenhill pleaded: "It is a crisis hour" its here! we need to get before God corporately and seek His face. The judgement of God is already in many ways being poured out on North America.

The verse the Lord has spoken to me about this 2 years ago was:

"A wonderful and horrible thing is comitted in the land; The prophets prophesy falsely. and the priests bear rule by their own means: and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?" -Jeremiah 5:30-31

God is not done with nations, it is His people that He looks for. Such as in Sodom how many righteous, not how many wicked. May there be found the remenant of righteous on their knees.

sigh. God have mercy on us.

2005/12/21 20:37Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

we live in what is called a christian nation. but america's action show it to be differnt I believe.
Fact. prayer is no longer in the schools.
fact. she want to believe we came from monkeys
fact. 800 treaty's made and not kept made to the native american
fact. she is spying on her own people
fact. she is throwing off restraints.
fact. at war with bad info but the end justifies the means.(Iraq)
facts count in a court of law but the president gose above the court and is alaw unto himself.
I believe we need Gods help and guidance yesterday if not now

2005/12/21 22:43Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

Paul Ravenhill said to me years ago that he believed a denomination is beyond revival but he believed the local church (local congregation) still could have a revival in America.
Just thought?

2005/12/21 22:57Profile

Before grace before law, men were doing what they thought was right in thier own eyes.

God wanted to destroy the town of Sodom and the cities of the plains.

Sodom didn't have more than 5 righteous souls. Just Lot, and his two daughters.

America has more than 5 righteous souls, I don't believe that America has crossed the line.

It will take many more years before that should happen, but first we have entered the worldwide recession that Wilkerson had fortold in his book the Vision. It's effects are small, but it will grow.

Remember the purpose of all this is to know God's ways. He causes things to happen to generate a reponse from us, are we going to cry for judgement, or cry and interceed?

Karl

2005/12/21 23:50
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Greg wrote-

Quote:
The verse the Lord has spoken to me about this 2 years ago was:

"A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land; The prophets prophesy falsely. and the priests bear rule by their own means: and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?" -Jeremiah 5:30-31

I have been spoken the same verse by God. The scary thing is that He gave us all the answer to the question - "what will ye do in the end thereof?"

[i][b][size=medium]The Book Of Lamentations[/size][/b][/i]

I fear that is all that is left for America - please pray with tears that I am wrong! Let us all have the boldness of Jeremiah to warn others to flee the wrath to come and be reconciled to God!

2005/12/22 1:15Profile
Compton

Re:

Just a quick thought in relation to this topic...

I have noticed when we at Sermon Index talk the "church in America" we tend to identify the church synonymously with the nation...like we are a type of Christian Israel. We don't seem to do this with regards to churches in other nations like Pakistan, or China. I wonder why that is...I'm not really sure.

As a result, when we talk about American Christianity we will examine the worst examples, like the televangelists, mega-church corporations, or liberal seminaries...but when we talk about Chinese Christianity we don't highlight their worst examples but their finest. Again, I wonder why that it is.

I think it might be a helpful thought exercise to invert this skew for a second. When we talk about the Church in America, let's mean the faithful remnant like we tend to do for the Church in other nations.

MC

2005/12/22 1:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy