SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Predestination and Free Will

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

God has predestinated everyone to freewill and election. In that predestination to freewill most choose not to believe His election and freely refuse it.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/4/5 3:49Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Quote:
God has predestinated everyone to freewill and election. In that predestination to freewill most choose not to believe His election and freely refuse it.

I took a moment to do a search for the word 'predestin' on biblegateway.com and I found the following:
Romans 8:29
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
Romans 8:30
And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
Ephesians 1:5
he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—
Ephesians 1:11
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

The Bible speaks of predestination as follows:
- Conformed to the likeness of Christ
- Part of the work of God: Predestine, call, justify, glorify.
- Part of our adoption as sons in accordance to the pleasure of God.
- Being chosen by God according to God's plan to work out everything in conformity to his will

God Bless

2006/4/5 9:48Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

brethren

bro Phillip wrote:

Quote:

our free will is not independant of the Lord's sovereign will. one can't do anything independantly of the Lord's approval or it being signed off by Him in heaven.

consider this scripture as it pertains to our very salvation. we are so fallen that we ourselves can't come to God of our own volition, it requires that He, The Father draws us to Himself in His own garce and mercy. we don't even have power over out own salvation outside of the Lord's own grace and mercy

from John 6

[b]64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. 65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.[/b]

this highlights to me our most pittiful and dallen state, unable to save ourselves, unable to come to that place where we can be saved unless God the Father Himself moves to make it so.

This highlights the Lord's grace and mercy on me and indeed all of us and His ultimate sovereignty in all things.

2006/4/5 11:06Profile
cheta52

elgin, il

Re:

John 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
So the Father does the drawing and who hear and learn from Him will come to Jesus.

2006/4/13 19:35Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy