SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Read Azusa Street by Frank Bartleman

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
CyberCarbon

Read Azusa Street by Frank Bartleman

This is one of the books that Leonard Ravenhill recommends reading, in a word WOW. It will explain why revival tarries and is so rare.
I will be quoting this book the rest of my life.
Frank Bartleman was one of the Saints that God used in this great movement of the Holy Spirit.
Intimate, honest, insightful, powerful, and instructive. All of these apply, before you accept any criticism of any revival, STUDY this book, Brother Bartleman describes how all of Hell is mobilize against revival, Satan uses crooks, fakers, hustlers to discredit and attack revival. TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, and especially the Internet itself are all tools of Satan. Go and see yourself and pray for discernment. The greatest challenge is to let God work and stay HUMBLE.

2005/12/17 0:25Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Read Azusa Street by Frank Bartleman

excellent recommendation brother. I look forward to reading it if I can get my hands on a copy.

2005/12/17 1:45Profile
wallrepairer

Re:

I read this around nine years ago and I have loaned it to countless others.

It is an honest account of what happens during a move of God. His insights into what was encouraging and hindering the move of God are profound and teach many valuable lessons.

There are so many quotes from the book that you will use again and again. When you read it you can almost see the revival for yourself. You can also feel the frustrations!

Out of all the revival books I have read this is the one that initially changed me to pray and call out to God for revival. It is still one of my favourites along with Ravenhill's Why Revival Tarries.

Yes I recommend it too.

2006/1/3 14:48Profile
Willo

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re:

I have the book in the pile of to read books. Looks good

2006/1/4 0:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy