Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

Luke 11:1
"Lord, teach us to pray"

Luke 11:1
And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

2006/2/5 8:59Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: quotes on prayer

[b]Five Conditions of Prevailing Prayer[/b]

1. Entire dependence upon the merits and mediation of the Lord Jesus Christ, as the only ground of any claim for blessing. (see John 14:13-14; 15:16 etc.)

2. Separation from all known sin. If we regard iniquity in our hearts, the Lord will not hear us, for it would be sanctioning sin. (Psalm 66:18)

3. Faith in God's word of promise as confirmed by His oath. Not to believe Him is to make Him both a liar and a perjurer. (Hebrews 11:6; 6:13-20)

4. Asking in accordance with His will. Our motives must be godly; we must not seek any gift of God to consume it upon our lusts. (1 John 5:14; James 4:3)

5. Importunity in supplication. There must be waiting on God and waiting for God, as the husbandman has long patience to wait for the harvest. (James 5:7 ; Luke 18:1-8)

-from George Muller's Narratives

2006/2/5 14:32Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re: Quotes on Prayer

"If I fail to spend two hours in prayer each morning, the devil gets the victory through the day. I have so much business, I cannot get on without spending three hours daily in prayer."
Martin Luther

He had a motto:
"He that has prayed well has studied well."

2006/2/12 22:33Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

You know the value of prayer: it is precious beyond all price. Never, never neglect it.
Sir Thomas Buxton

Prayer is the first thing, the second thing, the third thing necessary to a minister. Pray, then, my dear brother; pray, pray pray.
Edward Payson

2006/2/12 22:38Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy