SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Author: Narnia's lion is "Lion of Judah"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Author: Narnia's lion is "Lion of Judah"

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

AN unpublished letter from the novelist C S Lewis has provided conclusive proof of the Christian message in his Narnia children’s books.
In the letter, sent to a child fan in 1961, Lewis writes: “The whole Narnian story is about Christ.” It has been found by Walter Hooper, literary adviser to the Lewis estate.

It has emerged ahead of this week’s release of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. The film, starring Tilda Swinton and Jim Broadbent, cost £75m to make and has been at the centre of a tug of war between Christians and secularists.

Brian Sibley, author of Shadowlands, the book which describes Lewis’s marriage to Joy Gresham, said: “This is the most specific explanation of Narnia I have heard.”

2005/12/5 18:41Profile

Re: Author: Narnia's lion is "Lion of Judah"

:-o

Having heard the step-son of CS Lewis interviewed last week, I'm amazed.

Also I would say that what one might write to a young reader whom one wished to point to Christ, might be very different from what one was thinking when one wrote the books.

When I read them, I had the utmost difficulty in seeing how they could be anything other than allegorical EDIT at best EDIT end.

They did not seem to be clearly enough about the Jesus and the values God sets out in scripture, for a clear parallel to be drawn. Those who see it, forgive a great deal which Lewis put in the books, which has no scriptural parallel at all.

2005/12/6 7:00
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

Re: Author: Narnia's lion is "Lion of Judah"

I personally have no problem with the books and or new movie.....

Don't read or watch = no problems

Prayer and Word are enough for me (just wish I had more disipline [spell check], and less earthly distractions.

2005/12/6 19:02Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Quote:

AN unpublished letter from the novelist C S Lewis has provided conclusive proof of the Christian message in his Narnia children’s books.
In the letter, sent to a child fan in 1961, Lewis writes: “The whole Narnian story is about Christ.” It has been found by Walter Hooper, literary adviser to the Lewis estate

C S Lewis did not even like Walter Hooper

2005/12/6 20:35Profile
PaulWiglaf

Hartselle, Alabama

Re:

Hello all:

I'm beginning to see there are several people on here whetting their axes and waiting for Lewis to prop his neck out on the chopping block...hm, perhaps, John Bunyan should join him? Or, what of Christ? Or, better yet, the preacher George MacDonald, whom Lewis called his mentor??? (They all used fiction)

If you want to read some quotes I've found from Lewis to concerned parents about his works, here's the link: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7624&forum=48#59187]Re: redeemer concept[/url]

Please, half the time we spend beating dead horses could be used for finishing off dying serpents.

In Christ,
Benjamin
PS: What COULD have Lewis done better with his works than portray what he knew best: Christianity and Ancient/Medieval lit.?

2005/12/6 22:13Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Here is an interesting outreach and website by Ray Comfort's ministry:

http://www.narniastory.com

2005/12/6 23:23Profile

Re:

I saw that as well.(Comfort's outreach) What does the audio say ? My computer wont let me hear it.

2005/12/7 1:57

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy