SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Aborition stats - question

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Aborition stats - question

I'm doing a report for one of my class'. And I saw this and thought 'why has it decreased almost 40/50 percent in the past 10 years?'(if not percentage, tons less)

These are the number amount of 'legal' abortions with the years.
[b]Country[/b] [i]1985[/i] [u]1990[/u] [u][b]1995[/b][/u]

[b]Bulgaria[/b] [i]132,041[/i] [u]144,644[/u] [u] [b]97,023[/b][/u]

[b]Cuba[/b] [i]138,671[/i] [u]147,530[/u] [u][b]83,963[/b][/u]

[b]Japan[/b] [i]550,127[/i] [u]456,797[/u] [u][b]343,024[/b][/u]

[b]Poland[/b] [i]135,564[/i] [u]59,417[/u] [u][b]559[/b][/u]

[b]Russia[/b] [i]—[/i] [u]4,103,425[/u] [u][b]2,766,362[/b][/u]

[b]U.S. [/b] [i]1,588,600[/i] [u]1,429,577[/u] [u][b]1,210,883[/b][/u]

[url=http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004397.html]From here[/url]

What has caused so many less? (Praise God for Poland)

2005/12/3 21:42
lastblast

Michigan

Re: Aborition stats - question

Most likely birth control that is increasingly more effective and widespread availabililty. Personally, I don't believe it's because morality is on the upswing :-( Blessings in Him, Cindy

2005/12/3 22:58Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Aborition stats - question

From my experience in working at a Crises Pregnancy Center, it is because more women are keeping their babies. There is no longer a stigma in being a single and having a child. The concept of staying a virgin until marriage is considered too idealistic and unattainable AND you will be considered weird if you are.

I suggest you look to see what the stats are of births to single women and the number of households where the couples are merely shacking vs being married. The picture will not be pretty. I also saw on the web the other day of the percentage of HS girls PG in an OH school. You may not want to check that out because it might make you feel like puking. And who supports these moms? You and me and my DH....all of us who pay taxes. And these gals pose serious challenges to CPCs......

Ignorant people think they have made serious gains when they can pass legislation requiring girls to have parental concent before having an AB. What they are ignorant of is the number of girls whose MOMS force then to have ABs against their will!!! Oh, they may save a few babies so the legislation will be worth that much. But it is nothing to gloat about, IMO.

I have a serious gripe with the chasity programs promoted (Now I have not seen them in recent years). They work to prevent "TEEN PREGNANCY", use this expression all the time!!! How stupid can you get?!!! The message is that once you are pass the teen years you can go ahead and have a baby!!!! Oh sure they will tell you you need to get married, but the term teen pregnancy should never be used. Instead you should teach young people that fornication is sin regardless how old you are: 11, 18, 21, 67 or 80. Sex minus marriage equals sin. Period.

Do people know better? In the south, the Bible belt they do, but the message runs off like water on a ducks back.

Sorry, I could not paint a better picture for you. Kind of depressing, is it not?

ginnyrose

2005/12/3 23:06Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Cindy, all BC does is postpone a pregnancy. Teens on the pill are such sloppy users because by nature teens are not very responcible people because of their immaturity. You will be surprised how many teens do NOT take the pill! or use any kind of contraceptive! They think they will not get pregnant and they know about the birds and the bees, too.

Cindy, they are so messed up it ain't funny!

ginnyrose

2005/12/3 23:13Profile
clownstruth

Re:

I think that partly, people are seeing abortion as largely unacceptable, socially. Even if some feel that it's okay, they still know that many do not.

We could do better as Christians, though, with these people. So many who protest abortion are very militant in nature, and push these people away from Christianity.

I have faith that the Lord will take care of those who are murdered by being aborted. But I also believe that we're going about stopping this in many of the wrong ways.

Look, CPC helpers, you're doing an awesome thing. It's an outlet for those who choose to cary their baby. It gives an alternate to abortion, and it's a great tool to show them the love of Christ. But standing outside of a clinic heckling and harrassing these people often isn't the best approach. Should these people be given a strong warning? Yes! Their souls depend on it. But when we take it upon ourselves to play the "Holy Spirit" to them, it often pushes them away.

2005/12/4 1:12Profile

Re:

http://www.bound4life.com/

That's one way to deal with abortion ;)

2005/12/4 15:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy