SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Judge Rules Lesbian Student Can Sue School

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Judge Rules Lesbian Student Can Sue School

[url=http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051202141509990008]Judge Rules Lesbian Student Can Sue School[/url] Click the link to read the article. Its on Aol News.

2005/12/2 16:15Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Judge Rules Lesbian Student Can Sue School

Quote:
"Coming out is a very serious decision that should not be taken away from anyone, and disclosure can cause a lot of harm to students who live in an unsupportive home," Sun said.

Nguon sued after Santiago High School Principal Ben Wolf told her mother about her sexuality last year.

"It's a really good thing for the case and for other students," Nguon said of the ruling.

"Our family is really happy that the judge agreed Charlene can continue to stand up for her rights," her mother, Crystal Chhun, said in a written statement. "The person to decide when and how to talk with our family about this should have been my daughter, not her principal."

This is quite sickening. I was on the subway yesterday in Toronto and 2 young girls had a boy ontop of them hugging and rubbing together. I wanted to preach to them about righteousness and decency. They were in a packed subway car. I could definetly tell that the spirit of lust was in those girls and its a sad thing, all I could do is pray for them and walk away being so grieved.

We have to stand for righteousness and godliness brothers and sisters!

2005/12/2 16:20Profile

Re:

Eh, i think that was wrong of the principle.

Before I get someone getting mad at me please read carefully.

This isn't a issue about Religious things, its about rights.

WHAT right does the principle have to tell the parents that she was gay?

I don't know ANY principle that calls up every parent about 'oh your student had sex..they told me'

Um, thats their personal business.

But now if she got caught for doing something with another, during class time. Then the principle has right.

Personal business should be left personal.
But, when something influences the school. That's the principles responsibility. NOT personal things.

2005/12/3 19:52
roadsign

Just my thoughts

Quote:
Coming out is a very serious decision that should not be taken away from anyone, and disclosure can cause a lot of harm to students who live in an unsupportive home,

Unfortunately disclosure does often result in nasty things happening - that only make the sinner get more hardened.

One lesbian I know became an atheist because of the way her ultra-conservative Christian parents treated her after she told them. (they had disowned her, essentially - unless she repented)

Diane

2005/12/3 20:17Profile
jamesyeomans

Re:

it stopped being personal when they kissed on campus. If you don't want to get in trouble don't kiss on the school campus! The principal had every right to notify the parents of what happened. I don't know of any High School in my area where kissing whether betweem straight or gay couples is permitted to take place. It is not about whether she was straight or gay it is about breaking the rules.

2005/12/3 20:36Profile

Re:

first off where does it say they kissed?

Second : was it during school 'class time'?

Third: come on. i just left high school last year. couples kiss all the time during class or not. he still has no right to say 'your daughter is gay'. If he said 'we caught your daughter kissing another girl' thats fine. and a TOTAL different story.

Fourth: Most school's principles shouldn't be even dealing with such irrelevent matters. They have to deal with drugs, sex ON campus, smokers,fights. come on! They have to maintain the campus not butt into people's personal lives.

Fifth: (to reclarify the fourth) The principles responsibilities is to make sure the campus is safe and no one is getting hurt, not saying 'oh your child is gay by the way' or 'you son just converted to muslium'. Personal lives are to remain personal at all times. But, when a students life HURTS or INCRIMIDATES antoher, THATS WHEN AND ONLY WHEN a principle has the right to intervene.

Oh, that girl will probly win the money. Not cause our courts are 'corrupt'. But because their is a fine line in a principles responsiblity and PERSONAL THINGS Is NOT ONE OF THEM

2005/12/3 20:48
jamesyeomans

Re:

quote fro article
"The Garden Grove Unified School District had sought dismissal of a portion of the suit, arguing that Nguon openly kissed and hugged her girlfriend on campus and thus had no expectation of privacy."
that would be where it said they kissed.
Personal lives become public when they are displayed in public.
Whether couples kiss all the time or not does not justify the fact that what they are doing is right.
People kill other people all the time so does that make it right?
I believe that when he saw the girl kissing her girlfriend as the article stated that kinda of gave it away as to her sexuality.

2005/12/3 21:14Profile

Re:

first off thanks for that quote. now was it during the 'class time' This makes a huge difference.

Quote:

Whether couples kiss all the time or not does not justify the fact that what they are doing is right.
People kill other people all the time so does that make it right?

Am I justifying their sin? NO!

I'm am speaking at a law stance, your only two posts are about this topic. So it seems you must've joined just to speak about this.

The reason why I say this(my stance), is because, with a ton of time on this site, I know that many people here are spiritually mature, and there is no need to S-P-E-L-L things out (tell them that is is a sin)for them.

But, before i reply again, this 'news' needs to develop further to answer the rest of my questions (what time during school was it? how did he appoarch the parents? has he EVER when to a parent in the past saying 'i saw your young son kiss his girlfriend today during such and such time' and does he do this everytime he sees any PDA (public desplays of affection))

2005/12/3 21:34
roadsign

more thoughts

There are no neat and tidy ways to deal with a lot of issues when God is left out. The Bible doesn't give a section of rules for those who don't have faith in him and for those who do.

We can disagree with the law in this case because of our abhorance of the sin of homosexuality. We may defend the principal but we also need to have a heart for the girl. Both need Christ equally. I don't know what that principal was like. Was he like the pharisees who caught the woman in adultery and dragged her to Jesus? I can't tell from the article. Or was his motive to see the love of Christ brought into her family?

If the principal was a believer, he would/should have asked God for direction. Then if he did what he sensed God called him to, then it really doesn't matter what follows, even if he is unjustly accused, right? Because his conscience would be clean.

2005/12/3 21:46Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Fourth: Most school's principles shouldn't be even dealing with such irrelevent matters. They have to deal with drugs, sex ON campus, smokers,fights. come on! They have to maintain the campus not butt into people's personal lives.

Disagree with you there brother. This is still someones daughter and being under age at that, and apparently still under her parents roof, they have every right to be informed of her activities. It might be permissive in society to whatever extent, but as was mentioned, this is not private but public.

Remember, this is not 'normal' activity.

2005/12/3 21:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy