SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "The Purpose Driven Cult" - too funny!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mshelby

"The Purpose Driven Cult" - too funny!

[url=http://www.wittenburgdoor.com/archives/purpose_driven_cult.html]Visit the website here.[/url]

Man this is so funny!

2005/12/1 11:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: "The Purpose Driven Cult" - too funny!

Quote:
Noted consultant Dr. R.W. Tramin has helped hundreds of cult leaders find purpose for their organizations. The book The Purpose-Driven Cult grew out of Dr. Tramin's thousands of hours of experience as a motivational consultant for cult leaders, gurus, psychics, fringe Christian group pastors and others. Tramin Enterprises, Inc., is headquartered in the Cayman Islands, with holdings in Zurich. Dr. Tramin holds an earned Ph.D. This article was adapted from the forthcoming book The Purpose-Driven Cult

Is this for real or just a joke? pretty sad if it is for-real and people are serious about this. There is alot of sad truths in this article.

2005/12/1 14:27Profile
martymill

Montreal, Canada

Re:

Quote:
[size=xx-small]"It can be tough being a cult leader these days. The pressures of amassing a following, selecting a proper style for your appearance, purchasing property for your cult headquarters and coming up with a system of odd-ball beliefs, can get to you. That's why you need the forthcoming book The Purpose-Driven Cult: Growth and Stability Without Prosecution. Yes, The Purpose-Driven Cult is the perfect companion and guide for busy cult leaders. "[/size]

This has got to be a joke!

Martin

2005/12/1 14:35Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Whats next? 'Purpose driven jokes'? :-o
But seriously, the 'purpose driven' quote must have some commercial value now after all the 'Purpose driven hypes'.

But this must be a joke! :-)

2005/12/1 17:14Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I checked out this site and it bills itself as "The World's Pretty Much Only Religious Satire Magazine."

One hardly finds satire written much anymore. Years ago "Christianity Today" magazine had a piece called "Eutychus", I think, which was a satirical piece that I enjoyed...missed it when it quit. That one was gentle, though.

Now you could have a thread on the value of satire!

ginnyrose

2005/12/1 18:53Profile
Sir_Edward

Michigan

Very funny. But satire is so rarely done these days or done well. These guys are good. The problem is that it could be applied ot a lot of 'genuine' Christianity as well.

Blessings.

2005/12/1 20:48Profile
Ernestito

People,
I don't think Jesus finds this funny at all. I understand why something like this would be amusing (I spent most my life creating jokes like this), but we need to be more sober minded.

Everything that the Purpose Driven Life stands for is something that God is grieved about. It is blasphemy to His name and is luring many people to follow a graven image all the way to Hell.
I believe that God is grieved over this, and yet we sit back and have a good laugh with it. God's heart is broken over His lost creation and we turn it into hot gossip and even a good satire.
I don't think God is too impressed with any of us laughing at the things that bring tears to the eyes of Jesus.
Rick Warren and his mass of followers maybe following a false god. But our lack of humility in mocking them (as if we're better than them) is an even bigger stench in the nostrils of God.
Jesus said to seek first the Kingdom of God.......not sit around and talk about everything that ISN'T the kingdom of God.
Where is love? Where is humility? Where is anything that even remotly resembles Jesus?

We ought to examine our hearts.
ern

2005/12/2 1:44Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

It rather makes one laugh as how ridiculous it is, not because its that funny or amusing.

Didn't someone state that Charles Finney wouldn't know if he had to laugh or to cry about the thing we call church today? (Btw, can someone fix up this quote? I didn't totally recall it)

I doubt he found the church funny.

2005/12/2 6:34Profile
Sir_Edward

Michigan

Re:

Ern,

I definitely hear you but my point at least in saying it should be funny is that it remins me of a lot of the Old Testament prophets who used satire as well. Satire of done right confronts the flesh of something and mocks it. Jesus does this with pharisees all the time particularly in the 'Woes'. Elijah does it on Mt. Carmel to the prophets of Baal. Jeremiah does it several times with God's own people. Chapter 7 is a good example where he tells them the irony of trusting in delieverance through the temple -- a temple that they regularly defile.

True satire is is both humourous and sad. I think this piece is a good example of it.

The purpose driven cult is the purpose driven church right now. If you don't beleive me then talk to one of its followers. Man, you would think you have insulted the Bible or the Pope if you say something negative about Rick Warren or his books in thier presence. I think the guys at this website have not just bashed the cults but the who purpsoe driven thing as well. Flesh trying to do church should always be mocked -- in a weeping prophetic sort of way.

I hear you but ther reason I find it so funny is I find it also very so sad.

Blessings.

2005/12/2 13:49Profile
nowayout

Re:

Wow. i'm disappointed to find something so trashy on a christian website such as this. did not jesus say to "forbid them not" that those that where not against,or standing in direct oppisition to me were for him? What about the fact that Paul said some preach Christ for contention sake and others for selfish gain but i glory that christ is preached at all.

kind of hippocritical if you ask me. why waste time responding to such tripe as that found on the website listed.

Suppose someone, like me, got saved reading the PDL only to see my "brothers and sisters" bashing it. How sad.

2005/12/2 17:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy