Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Lordship v Saviorship Salvation

[b]Lordship v Saviorship Salvation [/b] John 1:11-13

Salvation is Christ. When a person receives Him they have a Savior and they have a Lord. Since He is Lord, Savior, the Son of God, God, King, man, ruler, and Christ; receiving Him includes receiving all the offices He holds. The person that receives Him is a Christian, not a Saviorship or Lordship Christian. There is no such term or concept in Scripture.

What is biblical believing? What does it mean to believe; head knowledge v heart knowledge? What is the lost man saved from? And who does the saving.

- To be saved one must “look at the serpent” so to speak. Those that believed but did not look were not saved. One must believe on the name of the Son of God with the whole heart as opposed to giving mental assent, head knowledge, to the fact that Jesus is the Son of God. We give mental assent to the historical fact that George Washington was President but believing that fact requires nothing of the believer. We do not need to “take the free gift.” To be saved a person must believe with the whole heart, the mind, emotion, will and conscience. A biblical response is required from each part of the heart. I am a sinner, I am lost, I need to be saved, the conscience. I am under Satan’s control, I know that that Jesus Christ died for me so He could save me from my sins, take over control of me, live in me, the mind. I fall in love with the Lord Jesus Christ and desire Him to live in and control me, the emotion. I choose turn from my sin to receive Him, I no longer live but Christ, the submission and choice of the will.

- The lost man is saved from his sins. To sin daily is to be lost or to deny the power of God to save from sin “He shall save His people from their sins.” Christians do not sin daily. Those that have the Son have life. Those that do not have the Son do not have life and the wrath of God abides on them.

- Jesus Christ, God, does the saving the moment a person acts on the truth, believes/repents, receiving Him for all that I know he is.

[i]I got this in an email from a dear brother and I thought I would share[/i].

2005/12/1 9:22Profile
Graftedbranc

Re: Lordship v Saviorship Salvation

Amen brother Greg,

Christ is not divided up into little parcels we can pick and choose which ones we want to take. He is the Saviour and He is Lord.

He Saves us and enters us to reign.

Graftedbranch

2005/12/1 11:42Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Graftedbranch

I think you may have not copied and pasted what you meant to paste. That is from another post that you commented on.

;-)

2005/12/1 11:47Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

This post reminds of something my pastor said last night.

You can see Jesus in 3 ways, you need all 3. Usually you will see Him in this order.

Jesus is your Prophet. He proclaims to you Truth. Then you accept Him as:

the High Priest. He is the One who offered up Himself and contiually interceeds on your behalf. Then He is:

The King. He is Lord over you life.

I thought that was pretty good. It seems to usually be in that order too. You hear the Word, then accept it, and then live for Him.

2005/12/1 11:54Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
I think you may have not copied and pasted what you meant to paste. That is from another post that you commented on.

Yes, you are right. Sorry. I have edited it and removed the errant "quote"

Graftedbranch

2005/12/1 12:58Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

There is just the gospel of Christ. There is not a "Lordship Gospel" in the bible nor is there an "easy believism Gospel. Just the Gospel.

The difficulty with the "Easy believism" gospel is that it seems to imply that all that is needed in mental ascent to the facts of Christ's dying for our sin and resurrecting to be saved.

The Difficulty with the "Lordship Salvation" gospel is that it is usually presented in such a way that one has the impression that in order to recive forgiveness of sins and be regenerated, one must turn one's life around and commit to a life of Living by the Law. It would seem the firmness of our conversion is determined by the firmness of our resolve. It is not repentance toward God but rather repentance toward a commitment to living a certian kind of way. It is almost as if God says, "I know you can't but you need to commit to trying"

One leaves you with no life. The other presents you with Life but places before you a requirement which you have no capicity to fulfill. It sets you on a course you later have to repent of. That is trying to live by the law in the strenth of your determination to please God.

The Gospel of Christ brings Christ into us who is the Lord and He reigns through His Spirit. His reign is inward and by Life, not outward by imposing the law. The Spirit writes His laws into our heart. He brings into us His holy LIfe and His holy nature which issues in a life that is pleasing to God. Surely we have to cooperate with Him but it is His Life that produces both the willing and the doing of his good pleasure.

I can't live by the strenth of my commitment. I have to turn to the Lord every day and seek Grace and seek His work in me.

"If we confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in our heart that God has raised Him from the dead, we shall be saved."

The attitude of heart which genuinly recieves the Lord is one who is convicted of their sin and lost condition and confesses, "Lord I have no capacity to live the Chistian Life, Lord help. Lord Save. And the Living Lord regenerats him and brings His eternal Saving Life into Him and from there he begins His reign and the process of sanctification.

"For we ought to thank God always for you brothers, beloved of the Lord, because He has selected you unto salvation in sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth; to which He also called you unto the obtaining of the glory of Our Lord Jesus Christ."

Graftedbranch

2005/12/1 13:09Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
It is almost as if God says, "I know you can't but you need to commit to trying"

I know you can't... can't what? Can't repent and live a holy life? I know that you cannot be any holier than the blood, but you have to take up your cross. That is a voluntary action. You take it... We have volition. We have a choice whether to sin or not to sin.

Holiness (or Him being Lord over your life) is not a set of rules. Yes there are many black and white issues, but its not a set of rules a man follows, it’s that if he is really born again he will do those "rules", even though to that born again man it is not seen as "rules" but as simply pleasing his Lord by walking in constant fellowship, worship, and obedience to Him.

2005/12/1 15:06Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

In addition to...

John 3:16 says "that whoever believes in Him shall not perish."

The verse does not say, "whoever believes Him shall not perish." Rather, there is a specific preposition there, "whoever believes IN Him."

We can't just believe Christ. We need to do more. We need to believe in Him. Believing in Christ is to accept Him as truth. We need to accept Him into our heart, not our head. This cannot be accomplished by reading the bible, or by knowing the meaning of mercy. It is not a matter of works either.

Faith is a matter of the heart. Whatever person has said, "I believe this with all my mind." Sure, the facts may seem logical, but to accept Christ is to believe in Him.

Jesus was a free gift from God. We did nothing to deserve Him. Rather, we do not deserve Him. And yet, God took favor upon us and gave us His son. This gift is not something we can work for. There is no proving of oneself. Rather, Jesus is available to everyone who is willing to call out to Him in humility. Has Jesus ever turned anyone away?

Yes, in order to recieve salvation it must come from Christ. You cannot recieve any other way. And Christ is a gift whom must be accepted.

Truly, Jesus is not something taken. He is sought after, asked for, requested, and recieved. He is a gift. A gift worthy of celebration and praise for all eternity.

In love,
Blake

2005/12/1 15:28Profile
Onfire

Good thoughts! We also have to allow Him to be the Lord of our life. This means to die to self, which means those things that separate us from God. The pull of the carnal is very great and each of us need to recognize how our carnal nature wants to pull us away from our relationship with Him. Many are not taught this as they are taught that mere belief or a head knowledge is sufficient. Therefore, they never realize the depth to which they can really experience Christ as Lord.

2005/12/1 15:29Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Romans 10:9-10 if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

There is no receiving Jesus as Savior then later receiving Him as Lord. Jesus is a person! You can't receive part of Him. It's all or nothing.

2005/12/1 16:22Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy