SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Open Campus for Preaching!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Open Campus for Preaching!

Today was a great day on the Kilgore Jr. College campus, TX! This is how it went. Around 11:30 there was a good amount of traffic flow through the center of campus. I stood on a public sidewalk and started preaching against sin; focusing primarily on fornication, drunkenness, and homosexuality.

Slowly but surely a crowd started to form and heckle. It started when one man walked up and said if I didn't stop preaching he and some other guys were going to beat me up. Apparently he said his mother was a lesbian and he did not appreciate what I had to say. I had said that it was a perversion instead of a preference, and that God is not merely against homosexual marriage but that God is against homosexuals.

I responded with love and said that I had love for his mother. He said, "but you don't even know her." I said, "that's an even greater love. That I don't even know her and yet I care about her. See, my father is an alcoholic. And I love him. But I'll still say alcoholism is a destructive lifestyle, and that drunkards will not inherit the kingdom of God. I'll still speak the truth in love."

So a small crowd of 20+ students started to gather, yelling things like "thou shalt not judge" etc. Eventually a police women showed up, and was actually quite nice. She said I had to be quiter. So I started to just talking using my normal volume, but she said that was too loud. So I started to whisper, but the crowd continued to heckle. So she said I needed to talk to a lady with the administration.

I went to her, and she gave me the papers to fill out for the permit! They have a specific location for free speech; in the square in front of the Liberal Arts building. But around noon there were few people, so I couldn't wrap in any sort of crowd. But was able to get another permit for tommorow morning around 9:30 when I'm told there will be lots of students.

So praise God! This campus actually allows free speech, has a great free speech zone, and gives out permits freely without any sort of hassle!!! I'm excited about preaching there tommorow, but even more excited that two local brothers I went with now have a great location for regular open-air preaching!

2005/11/30 15:22
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Open Campus for Preaching!

Great update brother Jesse.

2005/11/30 15:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy