SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is your Christianity getting dry or brittle?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Is your Christianity getting dry or brittle?

"Is your Christianity getting dry? Are you finding that love isn't quite rising up from within you as it used to do? Are you finding that the duties are kind of bearing heavily on your shoulders? Are you finding that you are getting a bit brittle, just a bit brittle? You believe all the things, you talk about them, you even do the work of the Lord but it’s all a bit dry and brittle. It's because you're trying to make one monthly face-to-face love session, do you for the whole of your life? That's why. It's because you're trying to substitute one monthly love session face-to-face for a daily love session with Jesus. That's it, really. You'll never get a better answer than that, you won't.

If your life is getting dry, if your Christian experience is brittle, if you're not finding it real inside you, that's it, believe me. Not that you need to read more books, not even that you need to be baptized with the Holy Spirit, that would all come, if you would get back to having a daily love session with Jesus. That's what sets him apart from every other religious leader. A love session face-to-face with Him is an end in itself, that's the purpose we were made for."

Quote from Ernest O'Neill

2005/11/29 4:53

Re: Is your Christianity getting dry or brittle?

Quote:
If your life is getting dry, if your Christian experience is brittle, if you're not finding it real inside you, that's it, believe me. [b]Not that you need to read more books[/b], not even that you need to be baptized with the Holy Spirit, that would all come, [b]if you would get back to having a daily love session with Jesus[/b]. That's what sets him apart from every other religious leader. [b]A love session face-to-face with Him is an end in itself, that's the purpose we were made for[/b]."

Amen and amen! Hallelujah! I worship Thee, O Lord!

2005/11/29 7:01
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

Re: Is your Christianity getting dry or brittle?

Amen

2005/11/29 18:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy