SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : N.Korea says CNN execution image fabricated

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 N.Korea says CNN execution image fabricated

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea on Saturday called a recent CNN program depicting a public execution in the communist state a "sheer fabrication" and dismissed it as a ratings ploy by the U.S.-based broadcaster.
North Korea takes any criticism of its internal affairs sensitively and brands it a part of U.S. conspiracy to topple the government of its leader, Kim Jong-il.

CNN earlier this month broadcast a documentary, "Undercover in the Secret State," which among other images showed a grainy clip of what it called a public execution by firing squad of a man accused of helping a refugee cross into neighboring China.

"The video tape is full of sheer lies negating the popular and class nature and the democratic principle of the DPRK's laws and tarnishing its image from A to Z," the North's official KCNA news agency said in a commentary.

DPRK is short for the North's official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

2005/11/27 14:45Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: N.Korea says CNN execution image fabricated

I did catch a great deal of this particular program by happenstance. The man who secretly filmed it could use our prayers, he is caught in a bureaucratic entanglement trying to get asylum.

One of the persons helping him is a brother, it was almost surprising they didn't edit out his prayer while driving this man to the U.N Building.

This man really put his life on the line to get these videos out to the world, he has left his wife and daughter and likely will never see them again. The country there is in bad shape, one segment showed people running up as a train came in, with bags to glean just the smallest amounts of grain leaking out of a freight car...

2005/11/27 16:19Profile

if any of you wants to come alongside a group of Korean-American followers of Jesus who are working to evangelize North Korea, go to:

nkmissions.org

Greg, Kim Jong Il's days are numbered, the DPRK's days are numbered, and they know it. They don't KNOW HOW to give up power,the DPRK's leadership is terrified and I pray that God shows them the way to give it up, the devil will show them how to "keep" power...and thats the great fear, they don't call him a deceiver for nothing.....

neil

2005/11/28 19:59
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

I caught this show on CNN too. My stomach turned in me even when I saw the advertisement. A starved child seen with a little gown to protect him staggering unable to control his balance. I said in my heart why do you let us see this O Lord? why is it on the air? I think God wants us to pray that Kim’s government would be over. Usually when God wants to overthrow governments he makes their stinks and secret things that only His eyes see to come to the front so that His righteousness may be seen to the whole world in overthrowing them. I think the case is the same with my country where God brought the secret shootings of the government on the streets of our capital. Mothers, children aged seven, elderly shot just this past month. But I know God is up to something in this kind of things. So lets pray!

Your sis. Mek.

2005/11/29 0:32Profile
rocklife

usa

www.persecution.com the ministry of Voice of the Martyrs, recently had a newsletter feature of North Korea and the christian news and persecutions going on there, there were also reports of public executions and firing squads from some. Christianity is also considered execution worthy. They have my prayers. I've lived in South Korea, but it seems nothing like the North, being purposely isolated and cut off. Am praying

2005/11/29 3:04Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

praying for your country too Mek

2005/11/29 3:06Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy