SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 5

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
markitats

Springdale AR

Re:

God is most satisfied in us, when we are most satisfied in Him.
John Piper

2006/1/8 11:46Profile
markitats

Springdale AR

Re:

The ultimate reason that suffering exist in the universe is so that Christ could display the glory of the grace of God by suffering Himself so that He might overcome suffering in us.
John Piper

2006/1/8 11:46Profile
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re: This one deserves to be posted again:

"The nature of Christ's salvation is woefully misrepresented by the present-day evangelist. He announces a Savior from hell rather than a Savior from sin. And that is why so many are fatally deceived, for there are multitudes who wish to escape the Lake of fire who have no desire to be delivered from their carnality and worldliness." - A. W. Pink

2006/1/26 7:14Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: Revival

"As long as we are content to live without revival, we will."
- Leonard Ravenhill

2006/1/26 12:13Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

"To what towering heights has sin grown when a man draws his encouragement to sin from the everlasting love of God!"

-William Gurnall

2006/1/26 17:47Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

"Nobody can do as much damage to the church of God as the man who is within its walls, but not within its life."
- Charles Spurgeon

2006/1/27 17:57Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

"A boy in the streets, selling mince-pies, kept crying, “Hot mince-pies!” A person bought one of them, and found it quite cold. “Boy,” said he, “why do you call these pies hot?” “That’s the name they go by, sir,” said the boy. So there are plenty of people who are called Christians, but they are not Christians—that’s the name they go by; but all the substance is drained out of them by other matters."
- Charles Spurgeon

2006/1/27 17:58Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Wo...this one struck me....

"Oh dear, I couldn't say that my church is alive and I wouldn't want to call it dead. I guess it's just walking in its sleep!"
- Church member

2006/1/31 16:18Profile
nacl

Babylon

Re:

"The Christian life is 10 percent knowledge and 90 percent experience. What is real is what the Lord has worked into you, not what you have learned."
Dene McGriff

We have lots of head knowledge these days....

2006/2/2 17:20Profile
Habakkuk214

Re: Quote Thread

"Grant, O Lord my God, that I may never fall away in success or in failure; that I may not be prideful in prosperity nor dejected in adversity. Let me rejoice only in what unites us and sorrow only in what separates us. May I strive to please no one or fear to displease anyone except Yourself. May I seek always the things that are eternal and never those that are only temporal. May I shun any joy that is without You and never seek any that is beside You. O Lord, may I delight in any work I do for You and tire of any rest that is apart from You. My God, let me direct my heart towards You, and in my failings, always repent with a purpose of amendment."
~St. Thomas Aquinas

2006/2/3 22:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy