SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 5

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

"Are there not classes of passages of the most spiritual and important character, upon which we cannot preach, dare not preach, and should be regarded as hypocritical if we did preach, until we reform our lives and habits? Are not our own lusts, and lives, and habits, virtually leading us to temporize on the subject of self-denial, bearing the cross, contempt of the world, and many of the most important subjects, upon which the Church of God need to be instructed?...Is not this the case so much that we cannot preach against conformity to the world, without being turned upon by our hearers and churches, with the just retort, "Physician, heal thyself!" Charles Finney

2005/11/29 18:01Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photos/thumbs/781.jpg[/img]
"are not the Church in their present state, a standing, public, perpetual denial of the gospel? Do they not stand out before the world, as a living, unanswerable contradiction of the gospel; and do more to harden sinners and lead them into a spirit of caviling and infidelity, than all the efforts of professed infidels from the beginning of the world to the present day?"

2005/11/29 18:05Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“A revival of real praying would produce a spiritual revolution.”
-E.M. Bounds

2005/11/29 20:01Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"God cannot sustain this free and blessed country, which we love and pray for, unless the Church will take right ground.... God will bless or curse this nation according to the course Christians take in politics."
- Charles G. Finney

2005/11/30 12:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"How often God visited the Jewish Church with judgments because they would not repent and be revived at the call of His prophets! How often have we seen Churches, and even whole denominations, cursed with a curse, because they would not wake up and seek the Lord, and pray: “Wilt Thou not revive us again, that Thy people may rejoice in Thee?”
-Charles Finney

2005/11/30 12:36Profile
Laineye

belfast, Nothern Ireland

Re: A Man of God

"All it takes to make a preacher is a sermon - but it takes an altar to make a man of God"
B.H. Clendennen

2005/12/2 7:33Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

[i]"Christ help us that we may come at last to live according to the Gospel which now sounds in our ears and which many have on their lips, for I see that multitudes misuse the Gospel to give liberty to the flesh"[/i] [i][b]Johan von Staupitz[/b][/i] (around 1530)

2005/12/2 7:44Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

[i]"Christians, give ear! There is only one Life, but death comes to us in a thousand forms. There is only one Truth, but error has a thousand forms, There is only one Christ, but a thousand antichrists..." [b]Jan Amos Comenius[/b][/i]

2005/12/2 17:05Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

[i]"The great number of teachers is the reason of the multitude of sects, for which we shall soon have no names left." [b]Jan Amos Comenius[/b][/i] (around 1660)

2005/12/2 17:11Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
-T.S. Eliot

2005/12/2 17:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy