SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Ezekiels wife?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Ezekiels wife?

A few days ago I was reading Ezekiel 24 and something grabbed my attention:

In Ezekiel 24:15,16 God tells Him that He will take away the desire of Ezekiels eyes.
He was not to mourn or weep nor cry.
In verse 18 I read that Ezekiels wife died?

Am I reading this correctly that Ezekiel had a wife and died?
If so I'm very wondered that Ezekiel didn't 'object' to God about this upcoming happening.

A few chapters back in Ezekiel 4:15,16 he did object. I read that Ezekiel says to God that he never has been polluted from his youth till now.
Must have been so hard for Ezekiel if you see everyone around you sin.

Did I read that correctly that Ezekiels wife died?
Wow what an act of obedience, without protest even!
Even more concerned about staying clean for God then losing his wife! :-o

2005/11/24 17:23Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: Ezekiels wife?

God did quite a work in his heart and it only took 20 Chapters! I'm not quite at Chapter 24 but I'm trusting Jesus to take me there if need be.

It's quite an amazing story...

2005/11/24 23:25Profile
C113

Re: Ezekiels wife?

What has captured my heart, is that inspite of, the death of his loving wife Ezekiel continued with the commands of the Lord.

Eze 24:18 So I spoke to the people in the morning: and at evening my wife died; and I did in the morning as I was commanded.

Meaning the following day.

This goes hand in hand with the New testament scripture where we find Jesus speaking to his disciples and telling them that we must leave mother, father, sister, and brother to follow him.

Ezek 24:16
"Son of man, I am about to take the delight of your eyes away from you with a fatal blow. But you must not lament or weep or let your tears flow.

We are to delight ourselves in the Lord and he will give us the desires of our heart.

Question is WHAT IS OUR DESIRE? Our desire should be to do his will, even if it hurts. 8-)

2005/11/25 11:21Profile
roadsign

Re: no room for anger over "injustices"

I thank you for posting this. It touches my heart deeply. Just today I was thinking of one of the biggest reasons why people fall away from their devotion to God: They are angry about some injustice in the past, some loss. They cannot let it go. Whether they want to admit it or not, really, they are angry at God, for ultimately, he is in control.

Apparently one of the most devestating losses is the loss of a spouse - not only a physical loss, but also a loss of hopes for that ideal marriage, that partner becoming saved, etc etc.

Yes, we are called to forsake all those earthly expectations and desires, and trust the sufficency of God - being fully content.
I've had my own journey through this, and didn't do so well many times.
Diane

2005/11/25 16:22Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Very amazing story indeed. He continued to do Gods will without protest under probably much protest.
How much he Must love God!

Quote:

Yes, we are called to forsake all those earthly expectations and desires, and trust the sufficency of God - being fully content.

Yes that's very hard and true!
I haven't really encountered this yet in my life in such a manner where this has really been tested.
Could God put us on display if we are being tested in such a way?
Like Job or I might add Ezekiel too in this list.

@ Diane, would you like to share one of those times where you did do right?
Would be a great encouragement if you would like to share! :-)

2005/11/25 17:11Profile
C113

Re:

Diane,

I believe with some it might be alittle deeper then this. With some I don't believe it is anger towards God, NO not at all.

It's to love God in spite of a loss. To finally find yourself in a place where God, Jesus Christ our Lord is more important then any expectation.

It is to Love God so much, that your heart hurts, and you don't understand why you feel this pain, when saturated with his presence.

2005/11/25 17:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy