Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Keith Green

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
chadsepulveda

college station , tx

Keith Green

I am just writing to recommend Keith Green's "Whats wrong with the Gospel" If you havent read this track by him , you must listen to it. It is such a profound message , though it is simply biblical. It WIll have a definite impact on those who hear it. You can never sit through an altar call the same way. Blessings.

2003/6/20 7:54Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Keith Green

yes, I listened to the first part of it, and I was really touched. When I have time I want to listen to the rest!

2003/6/20 12:10Profile
Maria

USA

"What's Wrong With the Gospel"

Great messages -- here are some quotes:

“We don’t have any right to remove what Jesus didn’t remove.” (Context: He was referring to the Law)

”We have stolen our lives from God.”

"The Law must be preached; not as the way of salvation but as a searchlight put on the sinners heart so he can see how utterly rotten he is compared to the way God requires him to be. But today again we’re wiser than God, our preaching isn’t filled with do’s and don’ts anymore. No, we don’t want to scare the liberated generation away. Why if we said that fornication was wrong … or any other specific sin people, would feel all condemned and then how could they get saved?" (He's being sarcastic, of course.)

“We tell people they are forgiven before they see their need for forgiveness.”

“The truth is Jesus wasn’t preaching the commandments to him as the way of salvation. He was using the commandments to specifically convict him of his particular sin… and that’s exactly what the Law is for.”

And this is a personal favorite:

“Unless people are truly convicted of sin, if they do not fully see that they are totally condemned by the requirements of God’s law then it is virtually impossible to show them their need to a Savior.”

Grace and Peace in our Lord Jesus Christ!!

--Maria

2003/7/4 13:55Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: "What's Wrong With the Gospel"

Ahh!
Isn't it refreshing?

It just reeks of Truth around here!

_/crsschk\_

2003/7/4 15:25Profile
TaKa

Louisiana

Re: Keith Green

There was a time in my life when I lived with one of my best friends, and we decided we were going to encourage one another to be men of prayer above all else. At the time, we were reading alot of Leonard Ravenhill books and listening to almost nothing but Keith Green's music. That was some real good inspiration for us.

2003/7/18 10:04Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy