SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : OPENAIR PREACHING ON THE NEWS!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

OPENAIR PREACHING ON THE NEWS!!

I'm sorry Jesse. I was going to wait and let you but this is too exciting to wait! Man, I love it! The campus tour that the Great News Network is on made it on Fox News!!

[url=http://www.thegreatnews.com/video/texastour/TexasTour_TTnews1.wmv]http://www.thegreatnews.com/video/texastour/TexasTour_TTnews1.wmv[/url]

[url=http://www.thegreatnews.com/video/texastour/TexasTour_TTnews2.wmv ]http://www.thegreatnews.com/video/texastour/TexasTour_TTnews2.wmv [/url]

2005/11/22 17:49Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re: OPENAIR PREACHING ON THE NEWS!!

Very Awesome!! I have emailed these links to Ray Comfort. I think he will enjoy them. Thanks for sharing these with us.

2005/11/22 18:03Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!

I recommend downloading the videos and not trying to watch them by streaming them it buffers to much.

The first video was great, the second one was abit more critical. This is tremendous to see this type of exposure on a public television station.

2005/11/22 18:04Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

Yeah it's funny how they are so critcal in the second one. It's like they got their thoughts together to try to conspire against Lord and his servants.

'a group preaching their version of the gospel'

hahahhahaha!

That was hilarious to me. But at the same time I was grieved that the whole time it was portrayed as inner strife within the Christian Community.

Brother Morrel did well. I pray that God would continue to use him.

Peace!

2005/11/22 18:17Profile

Re:

I appreciate you posting those here. And I am very grateful that the preaching made the news!

To think, preaching makes the news in the bible belt? There must be something different about this preaching....maybe it was the word REPENT!

2005/11/22 19:43
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

WOW

I have a couple of comments after watching the videos.
First, why did the reporter not bother to interview someone from the group, or did that just not make the news?
Second, was most of the objections really coming from the "christians" in the crowd?
Well done Jesse, I believe that it is only going to get harder to reach people with the true gospel.. As this world gets darker and darker, mens hearts are getting harder and harder..
Greg

2005/11/22 20:26Profile

Re:

Yes the greatest opposition here in the South always comes from professing Christians who say they are saved, yet get drunk and sleep around etc.

They say, "Judge Not!" and "You can't repent", and "It's ok that I sin because Paul said he was the cheif of sinners" etc etc.

I hear the best meetings are up North because it's nothing but crowds of heathens.

2005/11/22 21:00
PaulWiglaf

Hartselle, Alabama

Re:

Yes, this is awesome. May we all become enflamed with a desire to reach those around us no matter where we are--even IHOP; my youth pastor did that one once and renamed the place: International House of Pentacostals. lol.

But Lazarus1719's comment about the South (in which I live) being full of skin-deep Christians raises a question: What do we say when someone says to us the classic line, "nobody's perfect". They always try to bring up the witness's personal character, trying to shoot the message for the messenger's sake. How do you combat that without using the exact same arguments as they (e.g. "Christ's blood cleanses me", "I've been forgiven").

All I can think of is this: Yes, I have faults, I make mistakes, but we're not relying on [i]my[/i] goodness--we need Christ's. Christ said, 'Repent, or you will likewise perish.' Therefore, I know that sin cannot enter heaven and that those bearing sin are without ("and without the walls [of heaven] are dogs, liars, adulterers, and sorcerers...these cannot enter therein").

Yet, this seems to not break through; they insist on my moral perfection before they reach out to God: want to see the product before they cash in. I just hope that the Lord shows a way to reach them through the blindness that silver-spooned Universalism and the misguided guild of "once saved, always saved" has brought to many poor souls in need of true peace--true salvation. May God reach us in these last days.

In Him,
Benjamin

2005/11/22 23:13Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I'm not Jesse, but I'll add my comments.

When I OA preach or witness (which is in the south.. Arkansas) and people bring the "no body is perfect" I totally agree with them and tell them that's why they need to repent and trust in Jesus, because God is a PERFECT Judge.

Most people want to put their focus on you. Change that! Make them focus on God. If you have a fault, well what does that have to do with a God without fault judging them?

Then some might call you a hypocite, well I tell them hypocites will be judged too.

What I do is try my best, with the Holy Spirit, to get their focus off of me and on to God.

2005/11/23 9:56Profile

Re:

The reporter seemed like she was a real Christian. Because around here (tampa,fla) i think a few reporters are athestist, and would've put a different spin on it.

I think both videos were good, by far the first one was more informative.

2005/11/23 14:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy