SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Light from the Word. What we recieve from the Lord in the scritpures daily.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Graftedbranc

Light from the Word. What we recieve from the Lord in the scritpures daily.

The idea here is to share a scripture which we have enjoyed on any given day and the light we recived from it.

Especially what we recieve from the Lord in our morning time spent with Him in His word.

IT is a good practice to take a verse and use it as a means of prayer. Pray through it asking the Lord to open it up and "imbibe it's essence".

I posted this already today in another forum but believe it best fits here.

I enjoyed these verses this morning in my "morning revival time":

2 Thes 2:13 ...God chose you from the beginning unto salvation in sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth.

John 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.

And I enjoyed this comentary"

"The Father's Word carries with it the Fathers' reality. When the Word says, "God is light," it conveys God as light. "

In 2 Thessalonians 2:13 the Spirit is in pair with the truth. Salvation in sanctification is not only of the Spirit but also in the belief of the truth. Just as electricity needs a wire to convey it, so the Holy Spirit needs the Word as its wire...If you only have the Word in letters without the Spirit, that is empty. But if you want to have the Spirit without the Word, this cannot be done. The Spirit and the truth embodied in the word are a pair. The very salvation which is the goal of God's eternal selection is in two things: in the sanctification of the Spirit and also in the faith of the truth."

I enjoyed the illustration of the electricity being conveyed through the "wire".

It goes on to say:

"We must realize, though, that we must know the knowlege first. While we are studying the Word prayerfully and laboring over it, the Spirit works with the Word. As we open to the Lord, the light will come in, and there will be a reaction,.. which will bring the divine scenery of the truth into our spirit. This reaction is faith.

Graftedbranch

2005/11/18 13:52Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Light from the Word. What we recieve from the Lord in the scritpures daily.

The Lord made real these verses to me...

[i]For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation. This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.[/i] (Psa 132:13-14)

I was staggered as the realization hit that God Almighty, our Soveriegn Lord, has communicated His own hearts desire to a rebel like me. And what is that desire? To have a habitation among us, a dwelling place! Stunning when you think about it.

I am convicted that He has made His desire clear but I usually just come to Him with my desires in mind. Let my desire be as His; as David said, "one thing have I desired..."

In Christ,

Ron

2005/11/18 14:30Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
I was staggered as the realization hit that God Almighty, our Soveriegn Lord, has communicated His own hearts desire to a rebel like me. And what is that desire? To have a habitation among us, a dwelling place! Stunning when you think about it.

I enjoyed your post. It brought to mind:

Ephesians 2:21-22 In whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord; In whom you also are being built together into a dwelling place of God in spirit.

Graftedbranch

2005/11/18 14:44Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Exd 5:1 And afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, [u]Let my people go[/u], that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness.

Exd 7:16 And thou shalt say unto him, The LORD God of the Hebrews hath sent me unto thee, saying, [u]Let my people go, that they may serve me in the wilderness[/u]: and, behold, hitherto thou wouldest not hear.

Exd 8:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, [u]Let my people go[/u], that they may serve me.

Exd 8:20 And the LORD said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh; lo, he cometh forth to the water; and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, [u]Let my people go, that they may serve me[/u].

Exd 9:1 Then the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh, and tell him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, [u]Let my people go, that they may serve me.[/u]

Exd 9:13 And the LORD said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, [u]Let my people go, that they may serve me.[/u]

Exd 10:3 And Moses and Aaron came in unto Pharaoh, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, How long wilt thou refuse to humble thyself before me? [u]let my people go, that they may serve me.[/u]

We are saved, not just to be free from Hell. But that we can commune with God in the wilderness of this dark world and serve Him!!

Oh, and he is pretty persistant for His people to be let go. I know He pricked my heart many times before I came to him. As Ravenhill once said," How many of you were saved the first time you heard the Gospel?"

2005/11/18 15:53Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

First the question and then the answer in Jeremiah 17:9-10.

It's only the Lord God of heaven who can understand the wickedness in our own hearts. I'm thankful He can and will do so.

The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

"I the LORD search the heart
and examine the mind,
to reward a man according to his conduct,
according to what his deeds deserve."

2005/11/18 16:20Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Oh, and he is pretty persistant for His people to be let go. I know He pricked my heart many times before I came to him. As Ravenhill once said," How many of you were saved the first time you heard the Gospel?"

Amen, how incredibly merciful and patient is our God!

In Christ,

Ron

2005/11/18 16:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy