SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved Always Saved

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 )
PosterThread
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
If one believes in the doctrine of the Trinity how does this impact the Deity of Christ before He became man? Was His position within the Trinity something less than what He is now?

God is immutable. God in His Divine Being never changes, He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Christ is the Eternal Word of God, the Eternal Expression of God, the 2nd of the Divine trinity.

IN Incarnation This Eternal Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory.

This Eternal Son of God, took on created human flesh, He took on mutable, created humanity. He was found in the fashon as a man, He had man's weakness, He was humgry, He was limited in space and time, He suffered, and He died a human death.

In Resurrection This humanity was uplifed into the Divine Glory, permeated with the Divine Life and Christ not just as God but as a Man was exalted to the right hand of God and crowned with Glory and honor.

Today there is a Man in the Glory. Before Christ came, He had, "the Glory which He ever had with the Father before the World was (John 17) but today, He is glorified with this glory "as a Man".

Christ today as God is no more exalted than He ever was. But as a Man, He has taken on humanity, and uplifted humanity into the Divine Glory. And us with Him as those who have been redeemed, partaken of His Life and are being transformed into the same image. We have been called through the gospel unto the obtaining of the Glory of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thess 2:14)

Graftedbranch

2006/1/10 17:32Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
The record of scrpture is that "those sent from James" were always causing trouble and always seeking to bring the Gentile believers under the bondage of the Mosaic Law.

Ok, maybe I should be shot for bringing this back up. I just wanted to point out something I seen the other day. I thought about starting a new thread but I won't..

Quote:
If you study James you see he has a great appreciation for the Law but very little to say concerning Christ.

If you study James you will see he has a BIG PROBLEM with putting Gentiles under the law.

Act 15:13-20 And after they had held their peace, [u][b]James answered[/u][/b], saying, Men [and] brethren, hearken unto me: Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things. Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and [from] fornication, and [from] things strangled, and [from] blood.

2006/2/15 9:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy