SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : The "26 Day" Bible Plan

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

That's a good idea. You have nearly 45 days left. Personally I simply read from Genesis to Revelations, it's much easier for me to keep track of but this looks like a good plan.

2005/11/17 10:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brethren,

I am very encouraged to see you all being burdened to attempt to read through this plan. I used an auto creation software for the time on the bible plan. I thought 26 days was a fair amount of time. I know a pastor that reads the entire bible the first 4-5 days of each month, and if I am not mistaken he fasts alot during that time also. What devotion and discipline.

May we have somewhat of that same devotion to our master, we work so hard for the things of the world. We need to be people of the word. Truly God will direct us and speak to our hearts and we read and underline key verses and passages that speak to our hearts.

Keep posting to this thread and encourage one another. My goal is to have it read before the new year so as the brother said thats about 45 days to do it. I pray that all that attempt this that God will honour you for it. We want to know you more God must be our cry!

2005/11/17 23:29Profile

Re:

26 days. Wow. wow.

I thought 4 months was tough. (10 chapters per day)

But, this is motivating. Maybe me and a brother, in the future, could do this as a fast with this plan. I think that would be wonderful. I like the plan. But that's too much reading for my own restraints.

I have about 2 free hours everyday. Other than that the rest I'm moving around. :-?

And its the last 2 hours of the night, which I kinda take my time to get 'settled in'.

Blessings. What a DEEP encouragement.

2005/11/17 23:37
hredii

Fresno CA

Re: The "26 Day" Bible Plan

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Keep posting to this thread and encourage one another. My goal is to have it read before the new year so as the brother said thats about 45 days to do it. I pray that all that attempt this that God will honour you for it. We want to know you more God must be our cry!

right now I am in Proverbs in the old. It was in my heart to finish and read the Bible one more time before the year was over. So once I am finished I will start with you. It will take a little time to catch up but I am confidently sure we can do this by God's Grace. Last year I was able to read the bible in 33 days. That was the shortest time that it has ever took me to read through.

2005/11/18 0:13Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It will take a little time to catch up but I am confidently sure we can do this by God's Grace

Yes. By God's grace I will also be going through the scriptures, Oh how wonderful to have God's scriptures in our hands! what a privildge brothers and sisters. Thank you God for your precious words! We love you for letting us have your words written on paper, what a marvelous God we serve.

2005/11/18 0:28Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Hmm... sounds insane :) Seriously though, 26 days? Why 26? Will one go to work? Will one sleep? Won't one's mind get numb after a few hours of doing it in one day from reading too much, and essentially not comprehend most of what one reads? To me, this would seem counterproductive if one reads without comprehension.

2005/11/18 6:42Profile

Re: The "26 Day" Bible Plan

Jimmy, to re-quote Greg.

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Do realize that this is more of an[b] overview reading [/b]of the Scriptures so stopping at every little verse will not make this type of plan possible. This is a plan that will give the Christian and broader overview of the scriptures and revelation of God.

3. As you read mark any verses that really stick out to you by underlining them. And after the whole 26 day plan is done then go back over the underlined verses for further study and meditation.

It's an overview reading. Not a bible study, but a 'through read' to get the 'entire' perspective.

When I first started reading the bible, I thought I should read the entire bible once, because no lie, when I was in high school, i got that question at LEAST 100 times. Some people challenge my beliefs and say 'have you even read the entire bible yet?' And now I am 'beyond reproach' in that question.

Now, I think there is a time to dwell and a time to 'overview'. A time to study and a time to read. 8-)

2005/11/18 9:09
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It's an overview reading. Not a bible study, but a 'through read' to get the 'entire' perspective.

This is not a study method to do everyday but rather an overview method and will help everyone read through the scriptures at least once in its entirety.

2005/11/18 10:37Profile
repentcanada

Re:

Brother Greg and Sermon Index count my wife and I in for the 26 day reading plan. I heard that it takes 80 hours approximately to read through the Bible at pulpit spoken speed. That would mean to read through the Word in 26 days we would have to go at a pace of 3 hours per day, and that's if we audibly read at a normal speaking rate or listen to the Bible on a CD or tape. We are going to commit to read the Word Sunday-Thursday in this format, and look forward to doing it. God bless!

2005/11/18 12:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Praise God may we all spurn each other onto good works and love towards God.

2005/11/18 14:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy