SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Who is 'a Jew inwardly'?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Who is 'a Jew inwardly'?

Quote:
The circumcision of the heart represents the work of God taking away those desires that leave us in bondage to sin. The circumcision also represents what God does to fill the house that has been swept clean. It must be both, for if the house is left empty, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life will come back to again be the substance of the desires for which we strive. Circumcision done by God discards the corrupt hope, the carnal hope with the incorruptible hope, the spiritual hope.

rookie,

I'm indebted for your whole reply. I knew some of it, but, have not seen it put altogether in one place in this context. The paragraph I've quoted - the witness of the Spirit, I believe - is extremely appropriate to something the Lord has shown me this week. Thank you.

With reference to my original question, it appears there is a definition of 'Jew', which had an outward appearance according to the legal commandments, and now, Christians are to be 'Jews', inwardly. The [i]spiritual Jew[/i] has God's nature, I believe, as Jesus did completely.

From roadsign's question, it appears that [i]faith[/i] is a very important quality from God's perspective, as it was for lack of faith that those natural Jews could not enter in to His rest.

2005/11/22 8:29

Re: What are the implications for today?

(KJV) Matthew 23
5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, 6 and love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 and greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

Quote:
a clear warning to the churches.

What are we to watch out for?

Legalism.

Matthew 23:13
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: [u]for ye neither go in yourselves[/u], [b]neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in[/b].

2005/11/22 8:37

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy