SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Alaskan descipleship, please?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
groh_frog

Alaskan descipleship, please?

Hey, y'all.

In the short time that I've been using this site, I've learned so much just having so many sold-out christians to talk to. I've even been put in my place (deservedly so) a few times, which shows the integrity and accountability of so many here.

I'm currently deployed with the U.S. military, and away from my family. The last few months have been a challenge, but I've had the opportunity to grow in so many ways that I've resisted before.

Among them, I've been listening to people like Leonard Ravenhill, Paris Reidhead, Ray Comfort, and so many more that have a wisdom not shared by many. Along with that, I've also been convicted to look at how I'm really living, how I thought I could be called a servant of God, yet in actuality have been doing so little.

I've especially been looking at many of the street-preachers, and the more I hear those stories, the more I feel a fire in myself. I want to do that, but I've messed it up every time I try.

Well, talking to my father-in-law last night, a man I deeply respect and have likewise learned so much from, we moved to the topic of descipleship. This has become such an elusive thing- to have a one-on-one mentor that's willing to "train up" our youth in the Lord.

My question, is weather anyone knows anyone that's hard-core like many of those on this site are, that lives in Alaska? Are there others who are street-preaching in Anchorage, Eagle River, Wasilla, Palmer, or around there that you know, or know about? Or, are there any there that want to learn to fumble through this like me?

Anyway, thanks again for the support, all. In a couple of months, when I get home, maybe I'll have some stories I can tell.

Grace and Peace...

2005/11/12 7:12Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Alaskan descipleship, please?

Hi Derek,

Your father-in-law sounds like a wise man indeed and just as well that you yourself acknowledge this with such a welcoming teachable spirit.

It is a great encouargement to us all and believe you have already grasped a great deal in just this one principle, it's a great advancement that can be elusive even to many much more studied.

Psa 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

2005/11/12 8:20Profile

Re:

I don't know about anyone in Alaska. But your not only on the right tract, but following God.

There is something special when it comes to submitting yourself underneath a wise one, to learn from them, to be challenged by them. It's truly testing. Tough and rough. It has matured me, and I've only done it for like 2/3 weeks now. Blows my mind!!! No joke!

Just make sure the person has an attitude to rebuke you if the need be. But also has that love about them that you would like within yourself.

Blessings ;-)

2005/11/12 19:53
dohzman

Re: Alaskan descipleship, please?

http://rhm.gospelcom.net/

try contacting this ministry, Ron Hutchcraft has Alaskan contacts, they might be able to help.

2005/11/12 20:52Profile

Re:

who is Ron Hutchcraft?? sounds familar, just he doesn't ring a bell. What denomination and such? is he like Ron Luce?

2005/11/12 21:28
dohzman

Re:

Ron's pretty respected in the evangelical circles and is very active with the Indian community in the midwest/west and the eskomo's in Alaska. He's noted for his youth out reach programs which is cutting edge and is also known as a man of godly character and good report. Visit his website and ask around about him, he's pretty well known, especially within the moody broadcasting satelites. There's plenty out there on him, he's the real deal though, a real heart for Jesus', for evangelism and outreach.

2005/11/12 23:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy