SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Anybody's prayer life on fire?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
martymill

Montreal, Canada

Anybody's prayer life on fire?

Something wonderful has been happening to me this past week in my prayer life. I've been getting up at 4 am to pray and thats without the help of my alarm clock. For me, that's revival!

My body is having a hard time keeping up. I'm hoping my internal clock will ajust soon because I've been very tired lately. Has anyone else experienced something similar? How long did it take to ajust?

Martin

2005/11/7 11:33Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: Anybody's prayer life on fire?

Yes it is (revival that is). Thank you Jesus.
It's the Holy Spirit that is awakening you.

The internal clock adjusts rather slowly, at least for me because I have some health problems that make it very difficult to get up early. Some days he will allow me to go back to bed or go to bed early in the evening so I don't have a pat answer.

Make sure you're eating healthy and going to bed when the Holy Spirit tells you to do so. If I do that, then I can get up early even if my body doesn't want to cooperate, which is often the case for me.

God bless you brother...

2005/11/7 11:49Profile

Re:

Personal convictions. Revival.

I used to wake up in the middle of the night and just PRAY hard for a sister in the Lord (numerous females, most of the time it was a women that I'd pray for ) And I'd pray for certain things to loose. God was praying through me.

Those are wonderful times. Continue in that, no matter how 'bad' you feel about it. Persist.

The Spirit is quickening you, don't quench it. Even when the 'feeling' goes away. That was my mistake :-(

2005/11/7 13:53
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Amen brother I am praying that God will be continuing to stoke the fire of my prayer life. The Lord gave me these two prayers to pray throughout the day:

"Teach us to be praying men."

"Kindle the altar of prayer again Lord."

Oh we have to be a praying people.

2005/11/7 13:56Profile
nri

Scotland

Hi there,really encouraged by your post. That's amazing what God is opening up to you,...like the advice already given by others that have replied,stay open to His leading and do not quench the Spirit.

I too am currently going through a similar experience...when it comes to waking at night to pray, I find I am quite refreshed afterwards, and sleep even more soundly. Your body will adjust,no worries there.

James 5 verse 16b: The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

God bless you,
NR

2005/11/7 14:11Profile
martymill

Montreal, Canada

Dear friends,
Thank you for your encouraging words.
I do intend to persevere.

God is good and I'm grateful for what He's doing in my life.

Many times all I pray is "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!".

I feel like the blind beggar whos knows if Jesus doesn't touch him he'll never change.

Martin

2005/11/7 15:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother Martin,

I encourage you to read this old thread from the SI site:

Keep the fire burning
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=340&forum=35&48

2005/11/7 15:37Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I was just listening to this awesome message concerning intercession, thought I would post it here. Give it a listen please...

[url=http://www.timeforrenewal.com/mp3/2051104-F1-WCA.mp3]Friend of God - Part10 by William Carroll, Times Square Church[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2005/11/8 12:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy