SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : godhead

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

"Melchizedeck came to Abraham at least 430 years before the Law was given to Moses on Mount Sinai. In this "dispensation"-- for what pupose did the Priestly order of Melchizedeck exist?"

To bring forth the Incarnate Christ and the Cross of Christ becoming the birthed Seed of the Believer. Melchizedek had no seed or Cross in His economy or dispensation of time.

1Cr 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation [of the gospel] is committed unto me.

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

If Melchizedek was our High Priest Christ would have not come after the order of Him. Melchizedek was a shadow of the Christ we know that was to come and be completeness of The Word of God to fulfill the perfectness of our eternal salvation In Christ Jesus our Lord.

Psa 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Hbr 5:6 As he saith also in another [place], Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Hbr 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Hbr 7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)

Not even Jesus Took this order of Himself but it was given when all things were perfect after Jesus had suffered, by His Father. This is a different Now.

Hebrews 5:4-10 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron. So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec. And Now being made perfect He became the Author of eternal Salvation. Not until the Cross.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/5/2 23:38Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Melchizedek had no seed or Cross in His economy or dispensation of time.

The Cross has always existed for those who are His saints.

Psalm 116:

15 Precious in the sight of the LORD
Is the death of His saints.

1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,”

This Melchizedek who met Abraham had a Name..."king of righteousness,...king of peace."

Quote:
Melchizedek was a shadow of the Christ

Christ is eternal, He was never a shadow...

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/3 12:37Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hi Jeff,

Why did you use just the part of the quote? Here is the whole quote:

Melchizedek was a shadow of the Christ we know that was to come and be completeness of The Word of God to fulfill the perfectness of our eternal salvation In Christ Jesus our Lord.

Melchizedek was king of righteousness, yes, but He was not our Righteousness and The Christ of the Cross is now. Christ is the same yesterday today and forever, and He will never do anything unless the Father tells Him. When the fullness of time was complete, He as Jesus Christ went to the Cross to fulfill the Word of God that we might be In Christ and not just pay Him 10% but give Him all, for He gave His all for us that He might be in us and not just a King but our Life.

2006/5/3 20:52Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote,

"The Cross has always existed for those who are His saints."

Where in scripture is the Cross of Christ and the sacrifice of the Blood of Christ on the altar of this earth, that all that believe might be saved by the Cross and the Blood of Him that is in us.

2006/5/3 20:56Profile
Logic

Re:

Christinyou wrote:

Quote:
Where in scripture is the Cross of Christ and the sacrifice of the Blood of Christ on the altar of this earth, that all that believe might be saved by the Cross and the Blood of Him that is in us.

[b]Galatians 3:8[/b] [color=990000]And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, [b]preached the gospel beforehand unto Abraham[/b], saying, In thee shall all the nations be blessed.[/color]

Even the goslpel was preached before Jesus and even before His cross.

[b]Hebrews 4:3[/b][color=990000] For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although [b]the works were finished from the foundation of the world[/b].[/color]
&
[b]Revelation 13:8[/b] [color=990000] And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of [b]the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world[/b].[/color]

2006/5/4 12:24Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

These are not the Cross of Christ. These are only the foretelling of the promise that Christ would come. They did not have any Idea of the Cross, Christ the Messiah being killed by them, Christ taking all the sin of the world on Himself, put in a grave, resurrected, appearing, ascending, and coming back in the birthing of a new creature in the believer.

I may have the promise of a diamond being in the ground, but until I have it in my hand I don't know what it will take to know the diamond is mine. It took the Cross and resurrection and ascension and new birth for me to have the salvation and righteousness of Christ in me, this Christ of God is mine, as He was revealed to Paul and spoken to us by Paul by direct revelation form Jesus Christ Himself.. If Abraham was Faithful for the Seed to come. Why can we not see that Paul was Faithful to the Seed that has come. Only one has the Faithfulness in Himself and that is Christ. Righteousness was counted to Abraham, but Righteous is made in us by Christ Himself and that by His Faith, not counted but made righteous. 1 Corinthians 1:28-31 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. Things that Abraham did not have we have because of the Promise, not because of the Faith of Abraham. Only the Promise is in Hand if we are Born Again. We could not be born again unless the Cross of Christ did its work.

2006/5/4 14:41Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
These are not the Cross of Christ. These are only the foretelling of the promise that Christ would come. They did not have any Idea of the Cross, Christ the Messiah being killed by them, Christ taking all the sin of the world on Himself, put in a grave, resurrected, appearing, ascending, and coming back in the birthing of a new creature in the believer.

Psalm 116:

13 I will take up the cup of salvation,
And call upon the name of the LORD.
14 I will pay my vows to the LORD
Now in the presence of all His people.
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD
Is the death of His saints.

When I brought this Scripture up to represent the Cross, I meant to show that the OT saints understood as we understand that those who live by faith will experience the death to the carnal man, the old man. Jesus said:

Matt. 10:37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

Jesus taught His disciples that they each had a cross. Please consider that at this time in Jesus' ministry, He had not even taught His disciples that He would Himself die on the cross.

Thoughtout Scripture we find that faith creates death and hope...

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/4 15:55Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother wrote:;

Quote:
Even the goslpel was preached before Jesus and even before His cross.

Hebrew 4:
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.

Just to add to your thought... in this Scripture it declares that the gospel was preached to the OT people also...and what seperated them from the rest? Most did not mix what they heard with faith...

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/4 16:03Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Getting back to the "Godhead."

I have posted some thoughts concerning the Holy One in Scripture found in both the OT and the NT.

Here is another Scripture which speaks of the Godhead...

Matt. 23:7 greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, “Rabbi, Rabbi.’ 8 But you, do not be called “Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. 11 But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant.

What does this mean, "One is your Teacher, the Christ...One is your Father, He who is in heaven...and again One is your Teacher, the Christ."

Is Jesus teaching Oneness as some believe of God as being one in substance before the incarnation, or is Jesus teaching that One is found in 3 persons?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/4 16:08Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Brother in Christ: Jeff wrote;

"Matt. 10:37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

Jesus taught His disciples that they each had a cross. Please consider that at this time in Jesus' ministry, He had not even taught His disciples that He would Himself die on the cross.

Where is my Cross? It is the Cross of Christ because I believe. Where must I die for my sin? I must die on the Cross I have taken up, which is the Cross of Christ because I believe.
Where did I loose my life and find it. I lost my life for His sake on the Cross with Him. Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

If I find my life in anything except the Cross of Christ, My life is worthless and condemned to hell. If the cross Is my cross, I have lost my life. There is no turning back, if I pick up my cross and even though I think I am carrying it for Christ, I am deceived and have already lost my life. My Cross is His Cross and that is what I must carry, in His Life, In His Strength, In His Love, In all that He is I am, I am a son of God by the Son that is in me. If I depend on my cross, I frustrate the Grace of God and am of no benefit to God. I may be saved because I believe on the Name of Jesus Christ, but I will never become what God wants His Children become in His Son. We must believe that we are already in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus or we will never grow in the things of God and His Kingdom.

Eph 1:3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ:

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places],

Ephesians 1:18-19 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Eph 2:6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:

Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly [places] might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

In Christ, The Only Wisdom of God: Phillip

2006/5/4 19:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy