Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Enter Through the Narrow Gate

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Enter Through the Narrow Gate

Brethren
i feel burdened of the Lord to share these things with you all. i pray that this would be a blessing to us all for the purposes of furthering the purposes of God. i’m sure we are all familiar with the parable of the sower and what it means concerning the word of God and the gospel of salvation. i’ll use the King James version since it is preferred and we can all be on the same page.

Mark Chapt 4 vs 3-9
3 Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow: 4 And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up. 5 And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth: 6 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit. 8 And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred. 9 And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear

Then the explanation Mark chapt 4 vs 11-20

11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: 12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them. 13 And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables? 14 The sower soweth the word. 15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts. 16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; 17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended. F10 18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, 19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts F11 of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful. 20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

There is something about this that the Lord revealed to me out of His own mercy that i hadn’t seen before. Out of 4 types of soil, only 1 bore fruit. i don’t think it’s a coincidence that this is so. The 4 types of heart received the word but only 1 type was suitable for the word to take root and bear fruit. What type of soil am i? What type of soil are you? Let us all go before God and have Him reveal this to us.

Then in Matthew chapt 7 13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait F14 gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because F15 strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

In this portion of scripture the Lord tells us to go in through the narrow gate but also that few people will find it while many will go down the broad road of destruction. In Luke 13 vs 23-30the word says this:

23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, 24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

Why does Jesus keep saying to enter through the narrow gate/door or use the narrow road? Why does He say that only a few will find the mentioned entrances? I feel that this scripture answers the question, Proverbs 14 vs 12:

12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

How much of what we hold dear in terms of faith is really of God? we oft say that “all that glitters is not gold” and it is true in terms of faith too and even more so important to realize this as our very souls are on the line. Let us all pause and allow God to search us and make this clear and then purge our foolishnesses from us. As Paul says to us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling in Phillipians 2 vs 12, let us work out our salvation and live our lives for God with all diligence.

2:12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling

We should constantly have the Lord examine us, our intents, words, beliefs our very interpretation of scripture to see that they are in line with Him. Far too often when we are confronted with an alternate view/interpretation of a passage of scripture we assume that it is wrong. Let us ask God to show us if we ourselves are wrong. We should not take our salvation lightly especially in light of what Christ has said concerning the sower and the narrow and wide roads.

Brethren the burden i feel now is to share that less people will enter heaven than believe they will. Brethren let us not be slack concerning this our salvation but strive for it daily with all diligence and fervor. God will not be mocked so let us fall on our faces and repent, repent, repent and repent some more for His judgment/correction/harsh grace is indeed upon us so let us hold fast to Him lest we be swept away. The Lord saved only 8 in the ark while the rest perished and went to hell, lets jump on this ark of salvation brethren.

2005/10/30 1:19Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Enter Through the Narrow Gate

Brother,

Amen to these words and scriptures shared. Truly we need to be striving to enter into his rest. And not fall short. To be worthy of the kingdom of God. If we really knew the eternal realities of what we talk and read about we would with all our strength strive to enter into that narrow gate. How blind we are at times, may God put eye salve to my eyes and others. Even us who can say these things at times really need God to honestly show us our position and we need to take heed lest we fall. God be our sure rock and let not our feet slip. Guide our paths by your word and the light of your Son Jesus Christ.

"The Lord saved only 8 in the ark while the rest perished and went to hell" Oh let us enter in surely...

2005/10/30 7:46Profile

Re: Enter Through the Narrow Gate

This has been on my heart too, brothers, that is, the need to be sure one is on the narrow way.

I think of the highway of holiness, too (Isa 35).

The other verses which connect up here for me, are to do with doing the Father's will. This is the 'thing' we have to be sure of, to be sure of NOT finding ourselves 'workers of iniquity'.

'A body Thou has prepared for me'
'Lo, I come to do Thy will O God'
'My meat is to do my Father's will'
'He who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin'
'Shall we not rather be subject to the Father of spirits, and live?'
'chastening ... afterward yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness'
'Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness - for they shall be filled.'
'..and His commandments are not grievous to us..'

We have to LOVE righteousness. The pure in heart see God.

Recently, I was struck by these verses in 1 Peter 1
22 Seeing ye have [u]purified your souls in obeying the truth[/u] through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, [see that ye] love one another with a pure heart fervently: (23 Being born again, not of.. but by...)

'fervently' means like 'boiling hot'
'unfeigned' means 'genuine'

and

Acts 15:9
And put no difference between us and them,
[u]purifying their [b]hearts [i]by faith[/i][/b][/u].

This leads on to 'an evil heart of unbelief' which spills out what we are really like.

Here's the challenge: what am I unbelieving about?

Because this is where my 'heart' [i]will be[/i] betraying me.

2005/10/30 10:06
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Greg
i agree with your response, amen indeed. i especially was moved by this :

Quote:
Even us who can say these things at times really need God to honestly show us our position and we need to take heed lest we fall.

i think it is most crucial [i][b][color=FF0000]especially[/color][/b][/i] for those on whom the Lord places such burdens that we may be in line with God completely and not stumble our brothers. i remember when God called me and i had delusions of grandeur...the Lord dealt with that very swiftly. however like Paul i've not yet attained these things but strive on daily by God's grace to see it all through.

bro greg the Lord reminded me also of what happened to Peter when He confessed that Jesus was the Messiah. Soon afterward Peter rebuked the Lord saying He shouldn't die and Jesus said to him "get away from me Satan!" what the Lord showed me is that we should be very wary when we receive revelation from God because if we get a tad bit puffed up, the enemy has a foothold to wreak havoc. The Lord showed me that much of what i've written on these pages despite it being true revelation from Him was spoken out of a prideful spirit. i thank God that He has used y'all and other means too to erase that pride.

2005/10/30 17:10Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

sis Dorcas

Quote:
The other verses which connect up here for me, are to do with doing the Father's will. This is the 'thing' we have to be sure of, to be sure of NOT finding ourselves 'workers of iniquity'.

amen! as we are growing up we are taught to be independant and do our own thing (the way of the world) and this is contrary to Christ instruction to do the will of the Father. let us be bent on doing the will of the Father.

2005/10/30 17:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy